BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued.
I have to say that I like the tool box that came with the BX25D. It's simple but very effective. The box is only made to attach to the left side but I wanted one for the right side as well so I ordered the kit and yesterday Newfoundland Kubota called and said it was in. We dropped into the dealer to pick it up and was pleasantly surprised when they said "this is compliments of the dealership". How cool is that? Wow. I was pleased to say the least.

Anyway I had an hour to attached it this morning but before I could I had to make a few changes to make it work on the right side so after some pondering I decided to cut on bracket off and re-weld it on the other side of the bracket. Yes it made it a little tricky to get the nuts on but I got it mounted on the right side plus the off set is perfect for turning the seat when I need to operate the back hoe.

I figured I'd post this simple little mod just in case someone else was considering it.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #482  
Very cool, and VERY useful. One can never have too many toolboxes, close at hand.

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #485  
Is that thing plastic? Where are the chains supposed to go?

Very cool, and VERY useful. One can never have too many toolboxes, close at hand.

Thanks. So true on the toolboxes

Nice. I wonder if that would work for our BX2660...

Aaron Z

I don't see why it wouldn't. ROPS should be the same size.

4shorts. Has this become an addiction? :)

Heck no. I don't post photos of my addictions ;)

Is that thing plastic? Where are the chains supposed to go?

Yup. Chains go between the hooks :rolleyes:

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #487  
I really like the saw holder...

Maybe a Loper holder too?

I use to keep the saw in the bucket and that was great until I forgot it was there... luckily no damage done!

I really like the saw holder...

Maybe a Loper holder too?

I use to keep the saw in the bucket and that was great until I forgot it was there... luckily no damage done!

Thanks. Ya the saw holder got an axe holder just at the base of it and the chipper has the lopper holder. That's the reason I made the holders. I was afraid I'd run it all over :eek:

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #489  
If I was still in R & D... we would give you the merchandise and turn you loose.

Almost like some of the sponsored auto race teams.

Many years ago, back in the 60's, my uncle was sponsored by Oldsmobile and he had access to their little 215 ci Aluminum Block V8 and all the goodies... carbs, manifolds, ultra high compression heads and forged cranks...

Nice that Kubota has acknowledge your accomplishments and that of the Mrs. at the Dealer level!!!

/ BX25D. Mod #1 and continued. #490  
Chipper... do you see any need for the hydraulic feed option with your wallenstein?