Texas Spring/Summer Thread

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #1,771  
Well, you will only need a coffee cup if you come to my place, Jim and Bird got the rain. They had more nerve than me, I didn't dance "neeked". ( Watch the news, may see a couple of "old" guys running around N Texas grinn'n):D

Wondered where you have been? Margarita-ville huh!!:laughing:
Dennis,
During my work week, from time to time I have to run errands that eat up my free (computer) time.:hissyfit: So I can't go to Margarita-ville during the week. Y'all yelping for 3-4 pages while I sleep:grumpy: doesn't help in catching up on Y'all's amusing writings.:pullinghair:
hugs, Brandi:us-texas::cowgirl:

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #1,772  
First tomatoes of the season ripe and picked. Yummm. Corn in a few more weeks. Potatoes out of the ground. Gotta figure out how to store those babies.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #1,773  
I dont know what y'all where doing last night, but it was windy as He77 truing to paint! I bet there where gust to 40 mph!! Watching the jets coming in to DFW from the North was crazy, looked like they where almost flying sideways:shocked:

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #1,774  
sseelholf, I'm right behind you with the first tomatoes turning red and the corn filling out. However I planted my potatoes about two weeks late and they are still too small to dig. I'm about even with Austin are you further south?

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #1,775  
Scott and Don, you guys are killin' me on the tomatoes as well as FG19.:licking: I had one red cherry tomato yesterday in my garden and many others that are baseball sized and still green and growing. With perfect growing conditions, I'd bet my tomato plants are growing almost 4" per day. My Israel melons are growing 8"-10" per day; runners going everywhere. I picked my first three yellow squash yesterday. There are gonna be lots more in a few days.

1stSquash-5-30-2013.jpg

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #1,776  
I got 1.35" total last night. Go ahead and stop by FG19, we Wise men are always bearing gifts.;)

Gifts, huh? Might have to stop by! :D

Worked a 12 hour shift yesterday. Was 10 before I even leaned towards the bed. Up at 3, doing a load of laundry, and emptying the dishwasher, etc. As soon as the sky lightened slightly, I tended to livestock, fired up the push mower and mowed the 1/2 acre lawn.

Got to clean up and get to work, then back to weedeat around the front gate this evening, and then try to finish a section of the cattle pasture with the brush hog.

Work until 1 tomorrow, then home to a bottle of wine and hopefully some rain showers! I'll need a break, by then!

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread
#1,777  
Gifts, huh? Might have to stop by! :D

Worked a 12 hour shift yesterday. Was 10 before I even leaned towards the bed. Up at 3, doing a load of laundry, and emptying the dishwasher, etc. As soon as the sky lightened slightly, I tended to livestock, fired up the push mower and mowed the 1/2 acre lawn.

Got to clean up and get to work, then back to weedeat around the front gate this evening, and then try to finish a section of the cattle pasture with the brush hog.

Work until 1 tomorrow, then home to a bottle of wine and hopefully some rain showers! I'll need a break, by then!

I can vaguely remember the days when I used to be able to work like that.:laughing: But in those days, I either couldn't afford the bottle of wine, or was too tired to want any wine anyway.:laughing:

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #1,778  
sseelholf, I'm right behind you with the first tomatoes turning red and the corn filling out. However I planted my potatoes about two weeks late and they are still too small to dig. I'm about even with Austin are you further south?

I know exactly where Giddings is. Been there many times.

I'm between Luling and Seguin. Closer to Luling.

We planted small red new potatoes, so small is fine. They are pretty good. I pre-cooked some and used them on kebobs last night with some zuchnni, mushrooms and onion. Grilled them over a charcoal fire.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #1,779  
I can vaguely remember the days when I used to be able to work like that.:laughing: But in those days, I either couldn't afford the bottle of wine, or was too tired to want any wine anyway.:laughing:

Bird; If I don't work like that, I'll get old and lose my girlish figure! :D If I want to imbibe, I have to burn the calories!

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #1,780  
I know exactly where Giddings is. Been there many times.

I'm between Luling and Seguin. Closer to Luling.

We planted small red new potatoes, so small is fine. They are pretty good. I pre-cooked some and used them on kebobs last night with some zuchnni, mushrooms and onion. Grilled them over a charcoal fire.

I have a good friend that lives in Kingsbury. My bosses parents live in Belmont. Traveled the old 90 many a time. Its a turn back in history seeing all the old town storefronts from decades ago.