PTO Cement Mixer--Anyone familiar with this one?

/ PTO Cement Mixer--Anyone familiar with this one? #11  
It seems like a lot of money to me... there are lot of older used mixers out there for less money. And as indicated before, there's something to be said about not tying up your tractor... (last year I scrapped a bigger unit than what you're looking at after pouring a 16x24 foot slab... )

/ PTO Cement Mixer--Anyone familiar with this one? #12  
Depends how quick you are on the stick............or if the hoe fits the wife's hands :shocked:...............OMG, did I say that out loud?
No need for me to even try that. She develops a disease or allergic reaction when I ask her to do that kind of thing.

/ PTO Cement Mixer--Anyone familiar with this one?
There was a thread on TBN several months back about attaching a barrel with removeable lid to the loader with the barrel running lengthwise with the tractor. Then mix by tilting the bucket up and down. I've thought about trying this and even found a good 55 gallon plastic barrel with lid and retainer. Would probably work best by tying the barrel down to clamp-on or any type of forks.
I understand what you guys are saying about tying up a tractor but that's not an issue in my case. Someone above mentioned a wheel barrow type mixer and that sounds fairly good for small jobs. I used to own a stationary electric mixer but our son in law and daughter borrowed it several years ago and it's never returned. That's okay as they live a couple hours from here, they use it more than I would and it's kind of awkward to haul. I told them they could have it to offset the storage charges. :)

Here's the link to the old thread on the barrel/loader mixer: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/build-yourself/20860-strange-cheap-concrete-mixer.html

/ PTO Cement Mixer--Anyone familiar with this one? #14  
No need for me to even try that. She develops a disease or allergic reaction when I ask her to do that kind of thing.
Is she related to my wife by chance???:laughing: Story sounds familiar.

/ PTO Cement Mixer--Anyone familiar with this one? #15  

Me thinks it is a universal bond having to do with the 'Y' chromosome...we just have to live with it...

/ PTO Cement Mixer--Anyone familiar with this one? #16  
Me thinks it is a universal bond having to do with the 'Y' chromosome...we just have to live with it...
OMG..............my biggest fear has been realized.......LOL

/ PTO Cement Mixer--Anyone familiar with this one? #17  
She could be. I occasionally see a woman who'll actually go inside an auto parts store and think of the things that might have been.

/ PTO Cement Mixer--Anyone familiar with this one? #18  
If you do pick it up I would love to see the tilting in action. I've only seen the style with the hydraulic cylinder top link. I've always wanted to get one and I did see a Cosmo 8 cuft mixer used once on Craigs list but didn't have time to look at it closer. They were asking $500 for it and it looked to be in nice shape.

/ PTO Cement Mixer--Anyone familiar with this one? #19  
I like PTO mixers. You throw in the water, cement, gravel and sand where it is on pile and start driving to where you need the concrete. Before you get there it is mixed. It all depends on what you are doing. In example I can't imagine that you would carry sand, gravel and cement as you progress from post to post. But I can imagine that you drill the holes first and then you mix concrete where the sand and gravel is and take it to the fence line.
I have a PTO mixer with hydraulic lift (Top link). It damps by its own weight. Bought it new for $1300 to give you an idea what new costs.

/ PTO Cement Mixer--Anyone familiar with this one? #20  
I would buy that mixer in a heartbeat if it were nearer to me... The linkage IS designed to dump the mixer quickly with very little movement of the lift arms, also it is adjustable...
Very little to go wrong with it, it seems to have had little use.... We have a similar one on our farm that is close to 40 years old and it has had the main cog wheel changed once a few years ago from being worn out from use....

Buy it