Kubota F series

/ Kubota F series #101  
Thanks all,
I didn't say I paid $4400 for it! :dance1:
If I add up everything, I am at about $6500 for everything including the $350 quick hitch.

Now if I could get some A/C like Xfaxman, then I wouldn't even remove the doors in the summer!

That is one sweet deal on a sweet machine. How come I never stumble across a deal like that?

/ Kubota F series #102  
Some pics of front deck attached and standing up for blade replacement/sharpening. Not me in the pic, guy helping which I let him do since it was his 30MM socket and my air wrench.:D

PICT0004.jpgPICT0005.jpgPICT0006.jpgPICT0007.jpgPICT0008.jpg

/ Kubota F series
That is one of several reasons I want one.

That rear discharge in effect has an opening for every blade....did not visualize it that way.

/ Kubota F series #104  
That is one of several reasons I want one.

That rear discharge in effect has an opening for every blade....did not visualize it that way.

I got side discharge deck on my new one and prefer the rear discharge.
Glad to give you a picture of the real thing. First time I ever raised it and feel foolish that I hadn't done it before with it being as simple as it is. I can say that after spending 20 minutes trying to figure out why I couldn't raise it and even disconnected the drive shaft thinking that may be what was holding it down. It was 2 pins that are spring loaded that have to be pulled to release the back leveling arms, pulled them and it lifted right up but of course had already pulled the 2 pins on rear anti scalping wheels that released them to float and pulled the lever and pulled the pin that lets it automatically lock up when it reaches a certain point standing. Sounds more difficult than it is now that I've done it twice in a couple of days on both decks.

/ Kubota F series
:laughing: We've all been there. Thanks for posting those pics.

Why the rear discharge preference?

/ Kubota F series #106  
:laughing: We've all been there. Thanks for posting those pics.

Why the rear discharge preference?

Rear discharge deck cuts grass and lays it down flat on the ground where it was cut, it's under the machine on a F mower and no grass or dirt blows on the operator (me). You can go back and forth, around and around, up and down, crossways and circles and zigzag and the cut grass is layed on the ground under the mowing machine. The grass isn't blown out the side onto the flowers, foundation of the house, into neighbors yards to fertilize their yards, on people standing near you and even cuts up the trash in yards with out slinging it into the house, cars, kids or windows.
Side dischsrge blows cut grass out right side and cut down a hill, circle around and cut down going the same direction and you now have two passes of grass laying on top of each other. Go the same way a third pass and you now have three cuts of grass piled up in a neat row of a high pile of cut grass. Keep circcling around and see how big of a pile of grass you have. Some times one can go one way then another way and back and forth and keep those blowed rows all neat but sometimes one can't and has to make different passes in the wrong direction for proper blowed rows. With rear discharge any direction you go is right.
Also with rear discharge you can cut up to anything on the right or left side and side discharge requires you to cut on one side of your deck only for the cuttin side.
That's several of the reasons I like rear discharge with only one reason to not like it and that's the grass on the F blows under it and clogs the screens quicker but not a big deal.
I can say I prefer rear discharge with NO reservations of significance.

/ Kubota F series #107  
Interesting pictures. I need to lift mine and have a look under there. I've had it since last fall and never peeked under there once. I have a mulching kit on mine and I'm interested to see how they block off the rear discharge and what the mulching blades look like. I've often thought of taking the mulching kit off and going back to the rear discharge but that'll be the first time in 15 years that my mower hasn't been a mulcher.

/ Kubota F series
Seems you would need to to sharpen blades???

/ Kubota F series #109  
This is the first time in 3 years that I've had mine up and the reason is to replace blades because they are noticeably not cutting as well as they did/should. I'll sharpen these and maybe swap them back in a couple of years.
I bent one of my blades on my new one mowing my RTV trail in the woods, came down on a big rock but kept on mowing. That's why I had the front up on it so soon and replacing blades. Will straighten bent blade and sharpen them and be ready to swap them out in a couple of years, if you don't buy it from me first.:D If you do you get both sets of blades since blades are different between rear discharge and side discharge deck. Different Kubota part numbers and $15 more for 3 rear discharge blades.

/ Kubota F series
Hmmmm I sharpen blades generally once a season on my ZD326. I can't see going 3 years.