Kubota F series

/ Kubota F series #91  
Glad i could help on deck adjustment, I am pleased to see others using front mount mowers, even if different colors.If you have the property and slopes they are hard to beat.
When I bought mine the salesman said they had sold several to local city/counties for road side and drainage area mowing. Had not had any complaints from them.
Must admit have not any on dealers lots since then.

/ Kubota F series #92  
Xfaxman, may I congratulate you. Your cajones are at least twice the size of mine. :)

/ Kubota F series #93  
Xfaxman, may I congratulate you. Your cajones are at least twice the size of mine. :)

Maybe it is that my brain is just half the size of yours! :laughing:

/ Kubota F series #94  
I am glad to see a thread on the F series! I had only dreamed of owning such a machine, when I found one by "accident" on the local Craigslist.
It was a F3060 with a Curtis Cab and a 72" side discharge deck advertised for $4400 with 1100 hours. I left work and stopped on the way to pick up my trailer and some cash. Luckily momma was at work, so I could ask forgiveness instead of permission!
I did end up doing some rust repair and painting on the cab, and added LED work lights for night work.
This machine really eats up the grass. I mow 3 acres with it, and my only complaint is that it does not turn very tightly when ringing a tree. My other machine is a Lastec 421D zero turn with 84" articulated deck, so maybe I am a bit spoiled.
Mostly, I bought my F3060 for snow. I have used my little B6200 with a rear blower for at least 10 years now, and I was sick of blowing in reverse and coming inside covered in snow. I found a L2052-1 snow blower on the local CL and figured I could make it work (it had the necessary reduction box and front mount reciever). It is a bit bigger snowblower that Kubota calls for, but it works great in all but the heaviest of snow where it could use another couple of horsepower... my excuse to find a F3680 I suppose.
I added front tire chains and some more rear weight, as well as adjusting the lift springs and things really worked well.
The Curtis cab is not my favorite, but being out of the wind and having a little heat made me a happy guy.
2012-12-18 23.08.16.jpg2012-12-20 00.51.05.jpg2012-12-20 00.51.43.jpg2012-08-08 16.24.41.jpg

/ Kubota F series #95  
Wow, that is one nice machine. Looks great.

HS

/ Kubota F series #96  
I run a mid-late 90's F2560 on my 15 acre place. I've had it for about 8 years. I bought it used from my neighbor and it now has just over 700 hours on it. I've had no trouble with the machine except for a hydro hose chaffing and finally leaking recently. I'm even on the original deck belt still! I have the 60" side discharge but am confident it would run a 72" easily on half-way maintained grass. It's got the D1105 and is pretty much bullet proof in my opinion. You see these engines everywhere including train car A/C units. I used Kubota engine oil, filters, and SuperUDT. I don't have anything against zero-turns but I much prefer this machine over the ZT's I've ran before.I would really like to have the grass catches sometimes and may look into that in the future.

/ Kubota F series #97  
I am glad to see a thread on the F series! I had only dreamed of owning such a machine, when I found one by "accident" on the local Craigslist.
It was a F3060 with a Curtis Cab and a 72" side discharge deck advertised for $4400 with 1100 hours. I left work and stopped on the way to pick up my trailer and some cash. Luckily momma was at work, so I could ask forgiveness instead of permission!
I did end up doing some rust repair and painting on the cab, and added LED work lights for night work.
This machine really eats up the grass. I mow 3 acres with it, and my only complaint is that it does not turn very tightly when ringing a tree. My other machine is a Lastec 421D zero turn with 84" articulated deck, so maybe I am a bit spoiled.
Mostly, I bought my F3060 for snow. I have used my little B6200 with a rear blower for at least 10 years now, and I was sick of blowing in reverse and coming inside covered in snow. I found a L2052-1 snow blower on the local CL and figured I could make it work (it had the necessary reduction box and front mount reciever). It is a bit bigger snowblower that Kubota calls for, but it works great in all but the heaviest of snow where it could use another couple of horsepower... my excuse to find a F3680 I suppose.
I added front tire chains and some more rear weight, as well as adjusting the lift springs and things really worked well.
The Curtis cab is not my favorite, but being out of the wind and having a little heat made me a happy guy.

Good looking mowin, blowin rig! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yep, needing a cab with heat and A/C is why I have the Toolcat.

/ Kubota F series #98  
Chris H - you got a heck of a deal on that. It should last you forever in the role you are using it.

/ Kubota F series #99  
F3060 with a Curtis Cab and a 72" side discharge deck advertised for $4400 with 1100 hours.
This would be/was the steal of the year, maybe several years. :thumbsup: :cool2: :thumbsup:

/ Kubota F series #100  
F3060 with a Curtis Cab and a 72" side discharge deck advertised for $4400 with 1100 hours.
This would be/was the steal of the year, maybe several years. :thumbsup: :cool2: :thumbsup:

Thanks all,
I didn't say I paid $4400 for it! :dance1:
If I add up everything, I am at about $6500 for everything including the $350 quick hitch.

Now if I could get some A/C like Xfaxman, then I wouldn't even remove the doors in the summer!