Buying Advice New B3350

/ New B3350 #151  
THe freight company dropped off the Virnig rock bucket this morning - and I went home quickly to try it out and get it out of the middle of the driveway where they left .

The Virnig bucket fits without any issues - it actually seems to fit a little "tighter" than the Kubota buckets do.

I think this pretty much confirms that the Kubota QA is made to the skid steer standard.

Glad to hear. How do you like your Virnig rock bucket?

/ New B3350 #152  
THe freight company dropped off the Virnig rock bucket this morning - and I went home quickly to try it out and get it out of the middle of the driveway where they left .

The Virnig bucket fits without any issues - it actually seems to fit a little "tighter" than the Kubota buckets do.

I think this pretty much confirms that the Kubota QA is made to the skid steer standard.

I'm glad that it worked out for you without having to make major modifications to the attachments, bet you can't wait to get some time with your rock bucket on.

I wimped out, and ordered the pin on quick attach this week, the cost of going to SSQA was too expensive for me at this time, maybe in the future......

/ New B3350 #153  
Glad to hear. How do you like your Virnig rock bucket?

I played around with it for about 10 minutes before heading back to work - I like it. My intention on getting it was that I have a large pile of diggings that I need to move - and it's full of rocks. I wanted a quick way of sifting the rocks out as much as possible. It seems to do that - although it seems like I have to jiggle it around a little to really make all the dirt fall out. It looks like it might come in sort of useful for cleaning up brush and so forth too - I'll have to try it out for that when I get a chance.

I'm just glad it fits. That means other SSQA stuff should fit - and it will be very easy to make attachments that will just drop onto the QA - instead of having to deal with all of the alignment issues that come along with making a pin-on style attachment with brackets and so forth.

I saw a nice stump bucket on Craigslist the other day for a nice price - that wasn't too heavy. The weight issue is really the big issue - you've got to pick attachments carefully - because a lot of the skid steer stuff is way overkill (way too heavy) for use on the LA504 FEL.

/ New B3350 #154  
Got my B2650 (on turfs) a few days ago, here is the package:

60" mid mount mower
Grass catcher and boot kit
L534 loader
Quick attach
66" bucket
Rear work lights
Rear wheel spacers
Steering wheel spinner
Dual rear remote
42" HLA forks
Econor 66" rear snowblower with dual hydro chute adjustments.

Loader leaks on delivery, a/c will not function. Removed main lift cyl, new teflon tape, leak is gone. Opened radio compartment after much troubleshooting and found a disconnected wire in the cab liner, reconnected and all good.

1) You can't install the wheel spacers with the rear grass catcher, simply not possible. I would not even recommend using the spacers with the 60" deck either, not a safe setup. No clearance.

2) the loader is much more powerful than the L304 that was on my B2320

3) 66" bucket is not safe for heavy material handling, I selected this size only for snow.

4) steering wheel spinner, can't believe I used a tractor for 5 years without one.

5) rear work lights are extremely powerful, same in front.

6) quick attach is well worth the money

7) fork attachement is excellent, need more pallets to store all my stuff!

8 ) rear remotes took 2 months to order, nice clean setup, haven't used them yet

9) tractor is extremely tippy with full bucket and nothing in the back, CAUTION!

10) radio setup was easy, bought a Sony with bluetooth, cut the Kubota plug and rewired myself. Do not use the diagram that circulates on the web about using a Generic radio in a Kubota RTV, not a single wire was coded according to the diagram found in various forums. Had to remove the speakers to figure out the polarity, nuts are a pain since they fall in the cab ceiling liner when your unscrew the speakers. Have fun!

11) a/c works fine, heater is powerful

12) Cab, well I am impressed. Very well built, air tight, quiet and roomy. Seat is also good but suspension bottoms out right away even at full setting, I guess I am not the "average" tractor driver size/weight....

13) don't waste your time trying to figure out where to put the steering wheel spinner, the top center changes all the time and you end up with a spinner in a new position every time you jump back in.

14) cab speakers are Clarion 4", need to upgrade them very shortly and add two front speakers before the winter.

Will use the mower and bagger tomorrow, looks ok, but not much clearance under the deck when raised to the top for loader yard work.

Overall, night and day with my B2320, not for someone with lots of hills on his/her property.

Last edited:
   / New B3350 #155  
Got my B2650 (on turfs) a few days ago, here is the package:

60" mid mount mower
Grass catcher and boot kit
L534 loader
Quick attach
66" bucket
Rear work lights
Rear wheel spacers
Steering wheel spinner
Dual rear remote
42" HLA forks
Econor 66" rear snowblower with dual hydro chute adjustments.

Loader leaks on delivery, a/c will not function. Removed main lift cyl, new teflon tape, leak is gone. Opened radio compartment after much troubleshooting and found a disconnected wire in the cab liner, reconnected and all good.

1) You can't install the wheel spacers with the rear grass catcher, simply not possible. I would not even recommend using the spacers with the 60" deck either, not a safe setup. No clearance.

2) the loader is much more powerful than my previous L304 that was on my B2320

3) 66" bucket is not safe for heavy material handling, I selected this size only for snow.

4) steering wheel spinner, can't believe I used a tractor for 5 years without one.

5) rear work light are extremely powerful, same in front.

6) quick attach is well worth the money

7) fork attachement is excellent, need more pallets to store all my stuff!

8 ) rear remotes took 2 months to order, nice clean setup, haven't used them yet

9) tractor is extremely tippy with full bucket and nothing in the back, CAUTION!

10) radio setup was easy, bought a Sony with bluetooth, cut the Kubota plug and rewired myself. Do not use the diagram that circulates on the web about using a Generic radio in a Kubota RTV, not a single wire was coded according to the diagram found in various forums. Had to remove the speakers to figure out the polarity, nuts are a pain since they fall in the cab ceiling liner when your unscrew the speakers. Have fun!

11) a/c works fine, heater is powerful

12) Cab, well I am impressed. Very well built, air tight, quiet and roomy. Seat is also good but suspension bottoms out right away even at full setting, I guess I am not the "average" tractor driver size/weight....

13) don't waste your time trying to figure out where to put the steering wheel spinner, the top center changes all the time and you end up with a spinner in a new position every time you jump back in.

14) cab speakers are Clarion 4", need to upgrade them very shortly and add two front speakers before the winter.

Will use the mower and bagger tomorrow, looks ok, but not much clearance under the deck when raised to the top for loader yard work.

Overall, night and day with my B2320, not for someone with lots of hills on his/her property.

Nice review of it. Any tractor needs a ballast on the 3PH when using the FEL. Do you have any pictures of the tractor? Is the 2650 the same frame size as a B3200? How is the power with the a/c on?

/ New B3350 #156  
B2650 on turfs looks larger than the B2630/B3030/B3000 on R4 but it could be just the tires, not sure about the B3200 since I have never seen one. Didn't see any difference with a/c on or off. Plenty of power for what I do. I am very much aware of the requirement for ballast, but comparing my B2320 and the B2650 without anything in the back, the B2650 is dangerous.

One more thing, B2650 engine starts very quickly compared to my B2320, which needed much longer glow plug pre-warming.

/ New B3350 #157  
B2650 on turfs looks larger than the B2630/B3030/B3000 on R4 but it could be just the tires, not sure about the B3200 since I have never seen one. Didn't see any difference with a/c on or off. Plenty of power for what I do. I am very much aware of the requirement for ballast, but comparing my B2320 and the B2650 without anything in the back, the B2650 is dangerous.

One more thing, B2650 engine starts very quickly compared to my B2320, which needed much longer glow plug pre-warming.

The turf tires are a bit larger than the R4's (I compared both tire sizes at the dealer when I was trying to decide on which ones to get with the B3350.)

Also, what did you mean that the B2650 is dangerous as compared to the B2320? (It's over 800lbs heaver than the B2320.) Do you mean it feels a bit top heavy due to the cab?

/ New B3350 #158  
I used my B2320 often without ballast with the stock L304 and 47" bucket, just had to be careful and I felt safe. I do not recommend using the B2650 without a ballast, it is dangerous, especially with a larger bucket since you have a tendancy to load it up past safety rating. By using a larger bucket and heavier load on the L534, my comparison is not fair, but still it is a warning. Yes the higher center of gravity makes it tippy, this is why I ordered the wheel spacers, but as per my previous post I can't install them.

/ New B3350 #159  
I used my B2320 often without ballast with the stock L304 and 47" bucket, just had to be careful and I felt safe. I do not recommend using the B2650 without a ballast, it is dangerous, especially with a larger bucket since you have a tendancy to load it up past safety rating. By using a larger bucket and heavier load on the L534, my comparison is not fair, but still it is a warning. Yes the higher center of gravity makes it tippy, this is why I ordered the wheel spacers, but as per my previous post I can't install them.

Understood. Have you thought of loading the tires with RimGuard? It worked well with my B2620.

Also, was the Radio plug you cut out just the standard Kubota radio plug? img0830.jpg

Thanks!

/ New B3350 #160  
Yes that is the plug I removed. Not a fan of loading the tires, I like to be able to remove weight when required. I am taking off the grass catcher today, putting the spacers and will hook up the ballast box to see how it feels.