fel bucket expanders

/ fel bucket expanders #1  

arrow

Tractor
Mahindra 3016
Anyone mess around with expanding their present compact tractor buckets for things like saw dust or snow removal? I know there is a company that specializes in Kubota BX stuff. I could be mistaken but I do not believe anybody is making anything for the typical 60" compact tractor bucket.

/ fel bucket expanders #2  
We have a couple of oversized skid steer buckets, work good for light materials.

/ fel bucket expanders #3  
48" is the narrowest big bucket that I have seen.
48.JPG back.JPG

48" Snow and Litter Bucket Skidsteer Attachment | eBay

/ fel bucket expanders #4  
This thread reminded me I have an extension for the B7500 I sold last year. It won't fit my current FEL. I had our sheet metal guy at work bend 10g(?) galvanized into a sharp-cornerd U that fit just inside the bucket and attached with bolts. I think it adds about 18". It was for a big mulching project and worked well. With a full bucket of wet mulch it required hanging the RFM for balance. It was strong enough to lift the front wheels off the ground.

If anyone near Harrisburg/York/Lancaster PA with an LA302 FEL is interested they can have it. Shipping wouldn't be worth it because of the size and weight. I can post pic if wanted.

/ fel bucket expanders
This thread reminded me I have an extension for the B7500 I sold last year. It won't fit my current FEL. I had our sheet metal guy at work bend 10g(?) galvanized into a sharp-cornerd U that fit just inside the bucket and attached with bolts. I think it adds about 18". It was for a big mulching project and worked well. With a full bucket of wet mulch it required hanging the RFM for balance. It was strong enough to lift the front wheels off the ground.

If anyone near Harrisburg/York/Lancaster PA with an LA302 FEL is interested they can have it. Shipping wouldn't be worth it because of the size and weight. I can post pic if wanted.

Pictures of this thing would be helpful Chim if you don't mind. Thanks

/ fel bucket expanders
We have a couple of oversized skid steer buckets, work good for light materials.

I did see one of these but the thing was enormous and weighed in at 700lbs. It was 3' high and 43" deep and of varying widths which I believe the smallest was 6'. Ok for a skid steer but more like a size 10 shoe on a 3 yr old for my compact.

/ fel bucket expanders

These look to go on one of those mini skid steers however if you clic on the link you so kindly provided, they do have a larger size seemingly for a compact. It costs over $700 however. I was hoping someone might have been "inventive" and created a useful snow mover from the puny bucket they give you with these medium size cuts. I guess I'll have to put on my thinking cap ("DANGER WILL ROBINSON... DANGER")

/ fel bucket expanders #8  
These look to go on one of those mini skid steers however if you clic on the link you so kindly provided, they do have a larger size seemingly for a compact. It costs over $700 however. I was hoping someone might have been "inventive" and created a useful snow mover from the puny bucket they give you with these medium size cuts. I guess I'll have to put on my thinking cap ("DANGER WILL ROBINSON... DANGER")
You are showing your age :)

I think I watched every show at least 10 times :laughing:

/ fel bucket expanders #9  

No it fits standard SSQA,which is 44" wide. You can tell from looking at the back of the bucket.
back.JPG

Also from the listing," WORKS WILL ALL STANDARD UNIVERSAL BOBCAT STYLE QUICK ATTACH"

It is probably too narrow for what you want, I posted it because it is narrow and might be just what someone needs.

/ fel bucket expanders #10  
If you weld, or have a friend who does, please post pix of YOUR specific bucket, from front, side, and rear - I've just finished a "brush" bucket for my full size Case, but have a simpler, lighter idea for yours.

Oh, and please state just how MUCH of an increase in size you're thinking... Steve