fel bucket expanders

/ fel bucket expanders #21  

I saw something on You tube that I was puzzled by. A guy was picking up and dropping off attachments w/o getting out of his cab at all. This is my first foray into quicktach stuff and mine takes quite the effort to pull up and push down. Don't know if the units get sloppy with age but I thought it was kind of neat and very efficient. He just jiggled the bucket and the handles went up and he dropped the attachment. He moved to the next tool , picked it up, jiggled the bucket once more and the handles went down.

The levers are hydraulically actuated, you can see the cylinder through the steering wheel, in this view from the seat of my Toolcat.
P4010044.JPG

And just over the top of the steering wheel, in this view.
P4010040.JPG

Bobcat calls it Power Bob-Tach, there is a video on this page: Toolcat Utility Work Machines Implements & Attachments - Bobcat Company

Here is one on a skid steer: http://www.bobcat.com/loaders/skidsteer/attachments?jwPop=vidSingle1_v_lnk

Some machines do it with just one cylinder.

/ fel bucket expanders
The levers are hydraulically actuated, you can see the cylinder through the steering wheel, in this view from the seat of my Toolcat.
View attachment 329371

And just over the top of the steering wheel, in this view.
View attachment 329372

Bobcat calls it Power Bob-Tach, there is a video on this page: Toolcat Utility Work Machines Implements & Attachments - Bobcat Company

Here is one on a skid steer: Attachments – Bobcat Skid-Steer Loaders - Bobcat Company

Some machines do it with just one cylinder.

Well, that explains that. Thank you.

/ fel bucket expanders #24  
Pictures of this thing would be helpful Chim if you don't mind. Thanks

Here you go. Dug it out tonight and propped it in the bucket of the L3200. The extension measures 46.5" outside width, 17" tall and adds 24" to the bottom of the loader bucket.

I had a bolt-on wear bar and used those bolts for the bottom. I drilled a few holes in the sides of the bucket as well.

Extension 2.jpg Extension 1.jpg

/ fel bucket expanders #25  
Mine is similiar but with plywood over a homeade frame of bed rails .Depending on what youll use it for, mine is held into place with a bolt on the side edge and through the bucket.(had to drill a small hole) on full dump it will flop slightly but not enough to be concerned.I planned it for leaves etc but Ive used it also for firewood in the bucket, and also to haul a ride on tractor, and is great for things like moving a washer or dryer etc..I like it so much I put together and all steel one but that was some heavey, used a plow cutting edge on the front. etc.Thats was fine for manua. but dirt would have been to much overload.
Here you go. Dug it out tonight and propped it in the bucket of the L3200. The extension measures 46.5" outside width, 17" tall and adds 24" to the bottom of the loader bucket.

I had a bolt-on wear bar and used those bolts for the bottom. I drilled a few holes in the sides of the bucket as well.
Wonder how this one is held in place.I guess a couple 'c' clamps would do.

View attachment 329571 View attachment 329572

/ fel bucket expanders

View attachment 329571 View attachment 329572

Thanks Chim. Lots of bolting going on there. I'd love to cobble up an idea where an inside fitment would only need two bolts as a toothbar does . As mine is only to push snow, I wouldn't need extra bucket capacity but the sides would be needed with maybe a "snow stop" fastened somehow to the bucket. I like all these pictures as it helps me formulate and solidify that which is in my scattered brain pattern.

/ fel bucket expanders #27  
Thanks Chim. Lots of bolting going on there. I'd love to cobble up an idea where an inside fitment would only need two bolts as a toothbar does . As mine is only to push snow, I wouldn't need extra bucket capacity but the sides would be needed with maybe a "snow stop" fastened somehow to the bucket. I like all these pictures as it helps me formulate and solidify that which is in my scattered brain pattern.

Since I made a bolt-on wear edge for the B7500 the side holes were the only new ones I had to add for the extension. All the bottom bolts wouldn't be necessary if I'd have made the bottom into a female that slipped over the wear edge. I'm working up a plan for a no-bolt brush fork attachment for thr L3200 borrowing the "ratchet rake" method of fastening it.