How to test any battery..AA, AAA, C or D ---Fast and Easy

/ How to test any battery..AA, AAA, C or D ---Fast and Easy #2  
I have always just used a meter.. Of course a load test is more definitive. But if you put them on a digital voltmeter, if they are under about 1.45 volts (no load) they are definitely on their way out and 1.2 or below, they are as good as dead. On Nicads, or NiMh. they need to be 1.2 or above or they need charging. I have never heard of this "drop test"..you gotta let us know how that works out.

James K0UA

/ How to test any battery..AA, AAA, C or D ---Fast and Easy #3  
In our younger days....we did the same test for drinking too much. We would stand on a bar stool......jump off....if we bounced a few times and fell over.....we were drunk and stopped drinking. If we landed upright....kept drinking! :thumbsup:

/ How to test any battery..AA, AAA, C or D ---Fast and Easy #4  
Interesting. I'll have to try that next time. I too have always just used a meter.

Either that, or put them in the remote control or flashlight and see if they work:D

/ How to test any battery..AA, AAA, C or D ---Fast and Easy #5  
I installed batteries in a device this morning, so I thought I would try this. Triple A battery straight from the package bounced and fell over two of three times. The device worked, so the batteries must be good.

I also tried it with a dead car battery. Never bounced or fell over, but was definitely dead:laughing:

/ How to test any battery..AA, AAA, C or D ---Fast and Easy
I installed batteries in a device this morning, so I thought I would try this. Triple A battery straight from the package bounced and fell over two of three times. The device worked, so the batteries must be good.

I also tried it with a dead car battery. Never bounced or fell over, but was definitely dead:laughing:

:D Something tells me I am in for some teasing for posting this....:laughing:

/ How to test any battery..AA, AAA, C or D ---Fast and Easy #7  
Tried this with wifey and she didn't bounce so she's still good.

/ How to test any battery..AA, AAA, C or D ---Fast and Easy #8  
:D Something tells me I am in for some teasing for posting this....:laughing:

Bob, that could be, time will tell.. Have you done any scientific testing to corroborate your theory?

James K0UA

/ How to test any battery..AA, AAA, C or D ---Fast and Easy
Bob, that could be, time will tell.. Have you done any scientific testing to corroborate your theory?

James K0UA

Not yet James;)....I have to set up a laboratory first...I would not want to do shoddy research and have to report back to this fine group.....:laughing:

/ How to test any battery..AA, AAA, C or D ---Fast and Easy #10  
All that I can say is, it worked. I showed the video to my wife, and she is in the kitchen happily dropping batteries. :D

This could keep her out of my hair for hours. :laughing:

Uh-oh, I think she's stopped. :eek: