How to test any battery..AA, AAA, C or D ---Fast and Easy

/ How to test any battery..AA, AAA, C or D ---Fast and Easy #31  
Personally, I will stick with my analog RadioShack meter that I've had for 28 years for checking batteries (AAA, AA, C,D, car, truck, tractor, generator, lawnmower, 9V smoke detector, etc.)

I break out my digital VOM meter only when I want to use the clamp-on ammeter function.

/ How to test any battery..AA, AAA, C or D ---Fast and Easy #32  
On occasions, I will still use my father's old battery tester which is over 80 years old. It works with all AAA, AA C and D batteries and is much faster than getting out the voltmeter, unwrapping the leads, turning it on, testing, turning off, wrapping up the leads and putting it up.

PS And it doesn't even require batteries to operate.

Attachments

• BatteryTester.JPG
    BatteryTester.JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 81
   / How to test any battery..AA, AAA, C or D ---Fast and Easy #33  
Don't know if this works ...I have not tried it yet....but I will..

How To Test a AA battery, Easiest Way For Any Battery Fast, Easy! - YouTube

Brin....I have always tested batteries with a multimeter....and something in the video seems weird: I have tested hundreds of new AA batteries, but have NEVER seen one register over 1.58 volts when testing. Either the tester shown in the video is defective because the cell that is good registers 1.65 volts, or the cell was put in a charger prior to testing. I just opened a box of new AA cells, none of them registered over 1.58 volts.

/ How to test any battery..AA, AAA, C or D ---Fast and Easy
Brin....I have always tested batteries with a multimeter....and something in the video seems weird: I have tested hundreds of new AA batteries, but have NEVER seen one register over 1.58 volts when testing. Either the tester shown in the video is defective because the cell that is good registers 1.65 volts, or the cell was put in a charger prior to testing. I just opened a box of new AA cells, none of them registered over 1.58 volts.

JD ~ Please do not sue me ! I am only acting as an information source and hereby disclose I have not undertaken to verify any of the information in the You tube video for it's validity or accuracy...You should not rely on anything contained in any post since I do not verify anything....ever - but it sure looked good...seein' is believin' ...;):confused3::2cents::confused2::laughing:

/ How to test any battery..AA, AAA, C or D ---Fast and Easy #35  
JD ~ Please do not sue me ! I am only acting as an information source and hereby disclose I have not undertaken to verify any of the information in the You tube video for it's validity or accuracy...You should not rely on anything contained in any post since I do not verify anything....ever - but it sure looked good...seein' is believin' ...;):confused3::2cents::confused2::laughing:[/QUOT

Brin...do you realize how absurd the statement "seein' is believin'...." is today? ANY AND ALL DIGITAL pictures and videos can be gimmicked....no, not gonna sue you....:laughing: If I posted a Youtube video of my cat stating that AA batteries are fully charged when they register 1.56789 volts on a multitmeter, would you accept that as a fact?

/ How to test any battery..AA, AAA, C or D ---Fast and Easy #36  

Ahh, it is a Harbor Freight multimeter they are using. Could this explain it?

/ How to test any battery..AA, AAA, C or D ---Fast and Easy #37  
I guess I have too much time on my hands. I checked a few new Rayovac batteries that I have and they all were 1.64 volts on my trusty Harbor Freight multimeter. I checked some new Duracells and they all checked 1.63 volts.

Attachments

• DSC05932 (Large).JPG
    DSC05932 (Large).JPG
    319.2 KB · Views: 76
   / How to test any battery..AA, AAA, C or D ---Fast and Easy #38  
Well, I just checked a new, but about 6month old battery. And got more than 1.58 volts. Thats with 2 good testers. The fluke must round up...;)

IMG_20130815_085231_397.jpgIMG_20130815_085430_774.jpg

/ How to test any battery..AA, AAA, C or D ---Fast and Easy
JD ~ Please do not sue me ! I am only acting as an information source and hereby disclose I have not undertaken to verify any of the information in the You tube video for it's validity or accuracy...You should not rely on anything contained in any post since I do not verify anything....ever - but it sure looked good...seein' is believin' ...;):confused3::2cents::confused2::laughing:[/QUOT

Brin...do you realize how absurd the statement "seein' is believin'...." is today? ANY AND ALL DIGITAL pictures and videos can be gimmicked....no, not gonna sue you....:laughing: If I posted a Youtube video of my cat stating that AA batteries are fully charged when they register 1.56789 volts on a multitmeter, would you accept that as a fact?

Yes JD....whatever you say I will absolutely believe...You are a fine American and Gentleman and I don't for a minute believe any of the gossip about you to the contrary...;):rolleyes::D

/ How to test any battery..AA, AAA, C or D ---Fast and Easy #40  
LD1.. your Fluke, is not an electronics tech's meter, it is an electricians meter, and has poor resolution for small DC voltages, Only to 1/10 of a volt, and yes it apparently rounds up to the nearest 1/10. An electrician is more interested in volts, not tenths of a volt, but an electronics tech would want at least hundredths or maybe even one-thousandth of a volt resolution to see small trends when making precise adjustments for instance like a trim pot on a power supply. Of course you already knew this, I was just rambling on here for the benefit of someone who might wonder why.