DK50SE HST Cab constantly runs hot

/ DK50SE HST Cab constantly runs hot #1  

acme97

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L35, Kioti DK50SE
I've posted about this before, but wanted to see if anyone else that has the DK50SE HST Cab is experiencing this issue. I have to constantly clean the screens after less then 20-30 minutes of cutting. It doesn't matter what the height of brush, or outside temp. The fluids are all good, belts tight. Would like to hear from other DK50SE HST Cab owners.

/ DK50SE HST Cab constantly runs hot #2  
Areyou/haveyou been blowing the radiator out with compressed air as well?

/ DK50SE HST Cab constantly runs hot
I have. I found that the best thing has been to use the yard blower. Just amazes me that there isn't a better design fix for this.

/ DK50SE HST Cab constantly runs hot #4  
No problems here, but loader work and box blading doesn't kick up nearly as much "stuff" as brush hogging. Sorry to hear of your troubles!

/ DK50SE HST Cab constantly runs hot #5  
there are two screens, side by side, one comes out easy without tools the other requires tools...haven't removed the hard one since new but I know its not a wing nut fastener I do most bush cutting with Mahindra I made a radiator cleaner out of a small brake line with a bent and flattened end works excellent in small areas you would not believe what comes out of the radiator after removing both screens and blowing out radiator.....that is your problem remove screens make your air nozzle 12" long with a 1" 90 bend and see what comes out .....I blow out radiator after every 5 acres .... lot easier to do at home instead of the field ....

/ DK50SE HST Cab constantly runs hot #6  
I have. I found that the best thing has been to use the yard blower. Just amazes me that there isn't a better design fix for this.

nothing works better than a residential power pressure washer. 2500psi unit. just don't put the nozzle so close to the fins. I have a cat 257 track steer that has the same issue you do while brushhogging. **** fins get plugged within a half hour. compressed air doesn't quite cut it. the pressure washer gets everything out. been doing it for several years. The crap I brushhuog floats in the air and the fan scoopps it right up and gets lodged in the cooling fins. you must be cutting the same garbage type stuff I am.

I know what you mean about the screens. I take both out and either brush off or blow off with a lawn power blower. The left one is a bear to get out and put back. I'll have to see if I can do to make a flexible attachment for my air compressor.

nothing works better than a residential power pressure washer. 2500psi unit. just don't put the nozzle so close to the fins. I have a cat 257 track steer that has the same issue you do while brushhogging. **** fins get plugged within a half hour. compressed air doesn't quite cut it. the pressure washer gets everything out. been doing it for several years. The crap I brushhuog floats in the air and the fan scoopps it right up and gets lodged in the cooling fins. you must be cutting the same garbage type stuff I am.

I'll have to try the pressure washer.

/ DK50SE HST Cab constantly runs hot #9  
I have a Kioti 45 se HST approaching 800 hours. Last year I had overheating only when running 8 foot woods finish mower when temperatures are 90 plus and several hours of mowing. On advice from this website. I removed fan shroud and belt, made a 90 degree compressed air tool as mentioned above. I hosed out the radiator with water and air many times. Also added a 12 volt cooling fan in front of radiator. I have not had the chance to test radiator clean and comparing 12 volt fan upgrade. I would try radiator clean first as I was amazing how much stuff came out of it.

/ DK50SE HST Cab constantly runs hot #10  
my goal was to push the debris out the way it came in not push it further in, a 12" section of brake line put a 90 on the last 2" then flatten the exit end, make other end an air quick disconnect and you will be able to push all back out, and you will be 30 mins the first time, do all three heat exchangers. make sure screens are removed, you will be able to get all around the fan and fan housing.....you really should do this before bush cutting a large area.....you will see a big difference