M.F. Utility Models (2625 & 2635)

/ M.F. Utility Models (2625 & 2635) #1  

Teaspoon

Bronze Member
Tractor
none
Hi to all!
I'm looking for a utility tractor with a loader to use on our farm. Never have used or been around MF tractors. I saw some interesting videos today on these models compared to competitors and I am very impressed. I would love to have one with a loader, 4x4, & a canopy. Can anyone please share some their experiences with these tractors and what you do with them on your farm?
Thanks!

/ M.F. Utility Models (2625 & 2635) #2  
Hi to all!
I'm looking for a utility tractor with a loader to use on our farm. Never have used or been around MF tractors. I saw some interesting videos today on these models compared to competitors and I am very impressed. I would love to have one with a loader, 4x4, & a canopy. Can anyone please share some their experiences with these tractors and what you do with them on your farm?
Thanks!

I'm running their little sister the 2615.

If you want a good solid no frills tractor then look no further. They tend not to get a lot of respect around here because they don't have all the bells and whistles that some of the other tractors have. They are made to be a workhorse, built on proven technology.

The main legitimate complaint is that they are made in India. Sometimes the bolts are not torqued properly, make sure before delivery that your dealer checks everything out real good and you should have no problems.

/ M.F. Utility Models (2625 & 2635)
So are they all basically alike? What about the shuttle shift and the synchronized transmissions, are they good?

/ M.F. Utility Models (2625 & 2635) #4  
So are they all basically alike? What about the shuttle shift and the synchronized transmissions, are they good?

I'm not sure what you are asking when you say are they all alike. The 2615 is in the same series as the 2625 and 2635. They are considered the economy line, if you want to pay more MF makes other tractors in the same HP range with more features.

As far as the transmission, I have had zero problems with mine.
But when I changed the fluid there was a loose hex bolt in the sump.
It didn't look like it had been ground up by anything and the schematics show that no bolt like that was used in the transmission. Dealer filed it with MF in case anything comes of it on the future. The theory is it was dropped in there during the manufacturing process. I'm friends with one of the mechanics aty dealer and he tells me nobody is having transmission troubles on these models.
There is a thread around here somewhere about when I found the bolt.

/ M.F. Utility Models (2625 & 2635) #5  
The only other issue I had was the loader bucket wouldn't curl.
Mechanic come out and adjusted the joystick (under warranty) and it fixed it.

I just need to go drive one. I'd like to know someone who has one close so I could go and really check it out.

Does anybody know if MF has a lease program on these models?

Just priced a new 2635, loader, bucket, bale spear, and 4x4 for $35,000...... Is that high or about right?

/ M.F. Utility Models (2625 & 2635) #9  
its a little on the hi side I just priced a 4608 4x4 hydro shuddle fel open station 35500 do you look at the 2600hd line

Yeah but the HD line is way too high for me. A 2650HD 2wd with no loader or no canopy is 30,000.