M.F. Utility Models (2625 & 2635)

/ M.F. Utility Models (2625 & 2635) #21  
Hi Catfish,
I have a MF2625 and am trying to get the wiring pattern for the wires that go on the alternator. Could you help? a picture of the hookup would be great. There are four wires and I know where the positive, ground and slide on wires go but not where the larger black one goes. Thanks!
gaber@cableone.net

/ M.F. Utility Models (2625 & 2635) #22  
Hi Teaspoon,
Assuming you bought a MF 2625 or 2636, I have a MF2625 and am trying to get the wiring pattern for the wires that go on the alternator. Could you help? A picture of the hookup would be great. There are four wires and I know where the positive, ground and slide on wires go but not where the larger black one goes. Thanks! I think the 2636 would be the same alternator as the 2625.
gaber@cableone.net

/ M.F. Utility Models (2625 & 2635) #23  
Hi Catfish,
I have a MF2625 and am trying to get the wiring pattern for the wires that go on the alternator. Could you help? a picture of the hookup would be great. There are four wires and I know where the positive, ground and slide on wires go but not where the larger black one goes. Thanks!
gaber@cableone.net

I'm away from home for work right now, if you don't have it figured out by the time I get back to where my tractor is I will try to help

/ M.F. Utility Models (2625 & 2635) #24  
I'm away from home for work right now, if you don't have it figured out by the time I get back to where my tractor is I will try to help

You are a saint! I have been working on this for days. My alternator was tested and is OK but my alternator gauge on the tractor shows no charge when running. The battery is new and the tractor starts as of now. I checked the fuses and they are good as well. When I took the alternator off, I discovered one black wire that the eyelet had broken off but I do not know where it goes back on. It is a pretty heavy duty wire (maybe 4 gauge?). I am new to these issues so am trying to learn but may have to get a MF repair person out. Thank you so much for responding. 660-349-0344
Ron

/ M.F. Utility Models (2625 & 2635) #25  
PS. I forgot to mention that there are two or three bolts holding a cover over the alternator and it may be too much for me to ask that you go through all that to see what the wiring pattern is. So if you don't respond, I understand and thank you anyway.

/ M.F. Utility Models (2625 & 2635) #26  
Attached is 2635 alternator picture showing wiring - not sure that it will tell you much.

Attachments

• 2635 alternator.jpg
    2635 alternator.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 128