Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,981  
.......................change the air filter also.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#1,982  
Holy Onan Power Batman...............FOAM the runway and get rid of that tank of gas. No telling what all is in it........probably a lot of moisture from sitting. Could even have some rust in it.
hugs, Brandi

Tank is poly, and was empty. Only thing in that tank was smell,,ya know the "old dried varnish stinky" :laughing:

With only 7.8 hrs on it and a totally kinked fuel fill hose (found out this was/is a manufacturer problem). I suspect the only fuel that ever entered the tank was to test the genset install. There would have been no way to fuel the tank with the kinked hose. Well as reported 2gal per 10 minutes!!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,983  
Please take a serious look at voting YES on Amendment 6 in November. SJR1 will allow the state to lend money from the Rainy Day Fund to fund water resources infrastructure which as we all know is needed.

Sorry two-bit but I'm on the other side of this issue. VOTE NO! Passing this will allow water mongers (money boys) to drill and pump an unprecedented amount of water out of aquifers that will not recover quickly enough. (And get gov't help to do it.) It will mean those of us in the country that depend on our household wells will be losing our water to those that live in the city. Not that the identities pushing for it care. For them it's all about the money they can make. Water is the new oil.

There is a lot of misinformation out there any you may have gotten some. There are always groups who for some reason work to disseminate incorrect information during almost every Constitutional amendment election. Water is a volatile issue and you should carefully consider your position on this issue because if it doesn't pass and needed reservoirs are not built it will be a lot drier than we need it to be.

I urge everyone to carefully read the amendment for your self and ask questions if you are unclear on anything in the language. It is a little complicated but it is something we actually need and the money is to be paid back into the Rainy Day Fund by the entity that borrows it. It's not a gift or grant or a give away as it is set up to be repaid.

one problem with out Water Plan that has existed for years in Texas is that is has never been funded properly. This is one description of what the amendment does:
This constitutional amendment creates the constitutional State Water Implementation
Fund for Texas and the State Water Implementation Revenue Fund for Texas. Both of these funds will be special funds
in the state treasury and funds will not subject to the state spending limit. These funds will be administered by the Texas
Water Development Board and will be used for implementing the state痴 water plan. The Texas Water Development
Board may use the funds to provide direct loans for water projects and enhance the credit of existing bonds to reduce
interest rates. The funds are comprised of money appropriated by the legislature, any future tax revenue that is
dedicated to the fund, investment earning, and repaid principle and interest on loans.

Contact your State Representative or State Senator if you have any questions.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,984  
+1
Future water for municipalities should come directly from reservoirs/lakes. Not from underground. That way, powers that be know how much is left. This is not totally a problem free answer, but a bit more manageable. when the large cities price the water accordingly, maybe pools and st. augustine grass will fade out of fashion.

Have you actually read a comprehensive analysis of the amendment? I am not trying to start a debate on it but it's something Texas voters should look at carefully and make an informed decision about. It's an important issue. I'm not sure where the idea is coming from about this amendment allowing cities to 'suck all the water out of the aquifer' and such. They can already do that and in a lot of cases do. You might be surprised but many property owners sell water rights specifically for others to drill wells. Under the rule of capture they can pump all they want. This amendment is intended to fund large water infrastructure projects, ie reservoirs to have other sources not just to exhaust what is there already.

It is pretty clear that if we don't do something to develop other resources the ones we have will not last forever.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,985  
I couldn't get logged on to TBN yesterday.....was not a happy camper. But it seems to be working this morning.

We were blessed with 2 3/4" Sat nite and Sun. morning. Yeeeeeeehaw, and the soreness from the dancing is gone.

Charlie

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,986  
I'm not sure where the idea is coming from about this amendment allowing cities to 'suck all the water out of the aquifer' and such. They can already do that and in a lot of cases do. You might be surprised but many property owners sell water rights specifically for others to drill wells. Under the rule of capture they can pump all they want. This amendment is intended to fund large water infrastructure projects, ie reservoirs to have other sources not just to exhaust what is there already.

It is pretty clear that if we don't do something to develop other resources the ones we have will not last forever.

It is happening right now, right here under our feet in Lee and Bastrop counties. "Water Corporations" are buying up water. Whose water, what water, how do they know who owns it in the first place? Who stands to make a buck or boup coup $$$?

When peoples' wells go dry, when they are sending tens of thousands of acre-feet of water from here to the cities, well, it's kind of a dry subject. Pun intended.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,987  
It is happening right now, right here under our feet in Lee and Bastrop counties. "Water Corporations" are buying up water. Whose water, what water, how do they know who owns it in the first place? Who stands to make a buck or boup coup $$$?

When peoples' wells go dry, when they are sending tens of thousands of acre-feet of water from here to the cities, well, it's kind of a dry subject. Pun intended.

The DFW metroplex pumps a lot of water from our lakes here in East Texas. That's all well & good, but they waste alot of water that should be conserved. There was an article in the Dallas paper a couple of years ago that listed the worst abusers and wasters of water. They were all rich (Jerry Jones was one) mansion owners in North Dallas whose water usage was for landscaping, not business users.

Charlie

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,988  
Without stating my personal view on the amendment relating to the creation of The State Water Implementation Fund, I would suggest that a brief reading of all suggested amendments and backgrounds could be beneficial in making voting decisions. In the linked document, each proposed amendment is discussed in detail along with discussion of views of those in favor and opposing the proposition. I have found this document to be extremely valuable in getting the full perspective of all the proposed amendments.

Analyses of Proposed Constitutional Amendments on the Nov 5, 2013 ballot.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #1,989  
Without stating my personal view on the amendment relating to the creation of The State Water Implementation Fund, I would suggest that a brief reading of all suggested amendments and backgrounds could be beneficial in making voting decisions. In the linked document, each proposed amendment is discussed in detail along with discussion of views of those in favor and opposing the proposition. I have found this document to be extremely valuable in getting the full perspective of all the proposed amendments.

Analyses of Proposed Constitutional Amendments on the Nov 5, 2013 ballot.

Do you folks ever get issues on the ballot that are worded so if you vote NO it is really a YES vote?