Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,431  
I think "Minnie Mouse" would be appropriate.

Charlie

Charlie,
Since it is so close to halloween, all the Minnie Mouse outfits have flown off the shelves. Guess you gotta make do with this dancing outfit. Brandi-Hula hoop.jpg
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#2,432  
Bird, I never liked the am shift either, I like it when I'm off though:laughing: Especially when it's hot!!

Brandi, that will work just fine:D Maybe a bit "sexy" for the shop though:shocked: I KNOW you have a pair or work gloves somewhere in that outfit though, but having a hard time figur'n where??:eek:

#2,433  
Nice overcast day. Got the okra pulled and out of the garden, pulled the tomatoes plants and cages, then tilled the plot. Sure nice and fluffy.

I have some of the onions coming back up that I missed:confused3: Wonder if they would still be good given some time???

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,434  
Bird, I never liked the am shift either, I like it when I'm off though:laughing: Especially when it's hot!!

Brandi, that will work just fine:D Maybe a bit "sexy" for the shop though:shocked: I KNOW you have a pair or work gloves somewhere in that outfit though, but having a hard time figur'n where??:eek:

Dennis,
I'm not telling. A girl has to keep a few secrets. Too sexy uh? Numerous times, after a night of dancing, I'd take my shoes off and put on my rubber boots to go out and check on Booger or his younger brother, Otis, chained up out in the barn stalls while recuperating from a fight.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,435  
Nice overcast day. Got the okra pulled and out of the garden, pulled the tomatoes plants and cages, then tilled the plot. Sure nice and fluffy.

I have some of the onions coming back up that I missed:confused3: Wonder if they would still be good given some time???

I've pulled okra plants and corn stalks many years ago, but then I found it easier to run over them with the brush hog set low to the ground, and then just till the remains in. It'll be decomposed and gone before planting time in the early Spring.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,436  
Dennis, for nearly 10 years, I worked rotating shifts, a month at a time. My wife liked it when I worked 3 p.m. to 11 p.m. because she liked staying up late at night (still does), and I liked 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. because it was cooler and less traffic. But that 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. shift meant getting up at 5:30 a.m. and I usually felt a bit sick at my stomach until about 8 a.m.

Bird we had rotating shifts, change every 28 days for the first 15 or so years I was on the job. Some one had a better idea about 13 years ago and union voted for bid shift. I worked the 3 - 11 for about 10 tears I enjoyed the pace until my wife TOLD me that it was some one else's turn. Her way of telling me 7-3 was her preference! Still take a 3-11 OT every now and then just to feel young lol. Have about 5 months to reach 30 years and top out pension, it's looking like a tough decision on throwing in the towel. But it is a young mans game, lots of the fun is gone.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

#2,437  
Bird, I usually do that to, but I didnt want any okra pods seeding the garden. Nothing worse that unorganized free loading seeds:laughing:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,438  
Got a nice little rain this evening,right after got my deer food plots in finally. Been having to go spotting lighting every night hogs been doing a number on the pastures,got one two nights in a row and a coyote...

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,439  
Charlie,
Since it is so close to halloween, all the Minnie Mouse outfits have flown off the shelves. Guess you gotta make do with this dancing outfit.View attachment 342458
hugs, Brandi

bindian--You know I think I like that one more than I would have liked the Minnie Mouse. Now I want to apply for the Gaffer job on the film crew. I can also provide catered meals for the film crew and on-air talent.

Charlie

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,440  
Bird we had rotating shifts, change every 28 days for the first 15 or so years I was on the job. Some one had a better idea about 13 years ago and union voted for bid shift. I worked the 3 - 11 for about 10 tears I enjoyed the pace until my wife TOLD me that it was some one else's turn. Her way of telling me 7-3 was her preference! Still take a 3-11 OT every now and then just to feel young lol. Have about 5 months to reach 30 years and top out pension, it's looking like a tough decision on throwing in the towel. But it is a young mans game, lots of the fun is gone.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

As tough as rotating shifts were, I really thought fixed shifts would be better. But after a few years, I became convinced I was wrong. In Dallas, at least, shifts and days off were determined by seniority. So the 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. shift has the senior personnel, while the 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. has all the junior personnel. An officer assigned to a particular beat used to know what went on there around the clock; now they only know what goes on during their working hours.

And the worst thing about the fixed shifts is the competition for promotions. When I took the written exam for sergeant there were over 400 of us took the exam that day. By the time I retired, the department had gown to more than double the size it used to be but fewer than 200 will show up for a promotional exam. If you're a senior patrolman working the day shift with weekends off and you should get promoted to sergeant, you're now the junior sergeant on the department working the graveyard shift with Tuesday and Wednesday off. Each promotion means assignment to the least desirable job available for that rank. So a lot of good people won't even try for promotion.