Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,441  
Bird-After 15 years or so of getting up around 0330-0400 every morning it gets to be a habit that I don't seem to be able to break. The upside is the quiet and the lack of interruption that time of day I can get a lot of things done that wouldn't get done if I slept in till 0600.

My dad worked those rotating shifts for years and it never seemed to bother his sleep habits. I don't know if I would like it.

Charlie

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,442  
Got a nice little rain this evening,right after got my deer food plots in finally. Been having to go spotting lighting every night hogs been doing a number on the pastures,got one two nights in a row and a coyote...

I hear ya. They are getting active again after all this rain and now that it's cooled off.

Saw a big ole boy at dusk on my neighbor's ranch the other night, and saw they tore up a good section of a big ranch a mile or so away, too.

I have all my supplies to build my new corral trap, just need the time to set it up and start baiting it.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,443  
Dennis: I need to set the record straight about my neighbor's elk. He had talked about Idaho, but this weekend he stopped in and I asked him again about where he got his monster elk. He told me that it was the Missouri Ozarks. He made five trips to a guided hunt, and was successful on his 5th time. So, he was nowhere near Idaho.:ashamed:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,444  
Bird-After 15 years or so of getting up around 0330-0400 every morning it gets to be a habit that I don't seem to be able to break. The upside is the quiet and the lack of interruption that time of day I can get a lot of things done that wouldn't get done if I slept in till 0600.

My dad worked those rotating shifts for years and it never seemed to bother his sleep habits. I don't know if I would like it.

Charlie

Charlie, when I was a kid, had to get up at 5:30 a.m. to milk the cow, then as a teenager, had to get up at 5:30 a.m. to go open the service station and bus station, then when I worked those rotating shifts, had to get up at 5:30 a.m. when I worked the day shift. And I always hated getting up that early.

And now . . . in my old age, I have a hard time staying in bed in the morning until 5 a.m. And yep, I sure understand about getting things done without interruption and while it's quiet.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,445  
pacerron and Jim, I had biscuits and gravy last night that were really good and fit the plant based no fat diet. The base of the gravy was blended white beans and various spices and the biscuits just 3 ingredients and spices. With kale and rice it was a complete meal.:licking:

She also did a cherry cobbler! No sacrificing here.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,446  
Don, I think I would not care what gravy was made from as long as it had the same flavor as browned flour. If it's not that browned flavor, it's just sauce, not gravy.:D

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,447  
pacerron and Jim, I had biscuits and gravy last night that were really good and fit the plant based no fat diet. The base of the gravy was blended white beans and various spices and the biscuits just 3 ingredients and spices. With kale and rice it was a complete meal.:licking:

She also did a cherry cobbler! No sacrificing here.

Don,
What are the recipes?

Homemade Pecan pie just came out of the oven here, for tonights snack..

We nead some balance...:)

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,448  
I hear ya. They are getting active again after all this rain and now that it's cooled off.

Saw a big ole boy at dusk on my neighbor's ranch the other night, and saw they tore up a good section of a big ranch a mile or so away, too.

I have all my supplies to build my new corral trap, just need the time to set it up and start baiting it.

We shot 26 or so and trapped a couple last year. Seems like a losing battle when they produce that in one liter a year each...

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,449  
The Fair is over here in Brazoria county,, Everything is cleaned up and put back in place,, Rained all day yesterday,, Made it a little bit muddy to get around in but got it done,, Now the 2013 Professional Bull Riding Finals starts on the 23rd in Las Vegas,, ends on the 27th,, Wife and I are leaving on Thursday so we can see the 25,26 and 27th,, Now I got to mow the lawn today,, vote Wednesday or Thursday before we leave.. early voting.. Pack up all my cares and clothes,, or something like that..
I like pecan pie, gravy and biscuits,, both with hot coffee,:licking:, I have worked my share of shift work, we worked a 7/7/6 rotation in four week, you got a long weekend at the end.. sat.sun.mon.tue off and start back on Wed on graveyard shift..Went to graveyard to evening to day shift.. 776,, Now to tackle that lawn and I will be up to speed.:laughing:. Lou

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #2,450  
bindian--You know I think I like that one more than I would have liked the Minnie Mouse. Now I want to apply for the Gaffer job on the film crew. I can also provide catered meals for the film crew and on-air talent.

Charlie
Charlie,
Okay, your hired....................10 cents an hour.:) Bring the Mrs. and I'll make it 25 cents an hour:D
hugs, Brandi