Is this a scam? Got this e-mail

/ Got this e-mail #31  
It,s amazing how dumb some people can be. Personally, I have heard from friends I know, just in this past year, that 1 person sent 20K for a fishing boat he never seen or heard of again and 20K was sent by a Car salesman, if you can imagine a car salesman getting ripped off, LOL, for a 1968 mustang 390 GT fastback,that was suppose to be shipped from western ontario to eastern ontario.Why anyone would send money to a black hole, without having the goods in hand is utterly amazing to me, but yet, it happens. The only thing I can attribute it to is some people are very lacking in the brains department. But yet, they seem to have the cash to send away to get the prize. A head scratcher for sure.

/ Got this e-mail #32  
These scam artists can cast a wide net with their phony Craigslist ads, and spam for prescription drugs, designer goods, inheriting Nigerian wealth, etc. They have little in the way of cost in distributing their scam claims and face only a small risk of being prosecuted. If they can get one "bite" out of 100 (or a 1,000 or 100,000 or ........), they obtain a high reward from a low-cost, low-risk endeavor.

I imagine that some victims are embarrassed by their gullibility and do not report their losses to police, and the police are not likely to place these crimes very high on their priority lists when the scam victims do report their losses.

Steve

Last edited:
   / Got this e-mail #33  
It,s amazing how dumb some people can be. Personally, I have heard from friends I know, just in this past year, that 1 person sent 20K for a fishing boat he never seen or heard of again and 20K was sent by a Car salesman, if you can imagine a car salesman getting ripped off, LOL, for a 1968 mustang 390 GT fastback,that was suppose to be shipped from western ontario to eastern ontario.Why anyone would send money to a black hole, without having the goods in hand is utterly amazing to me, but yet, it happens. The only thing I can attribute it to is some people are very lacking in the brains department. But yet, they seem to have the cash to send away to get the prize. A head scratcher for sure.

I don't think it's stupidity as much as it is greed. And I don't mean to say that people looking for a good deal are greedy. But when you see a $15,000 tractor advertised for $5,000, your antenna should go up. And I think the greed of actually finding the deal of a lifetime on a tractor/car/whatever is just too much for some people to overcome.

Those of us who have been "standing in line" a little longer and have a little more life experience know that the old saying about "if it's too good to be true . . ." is almost universally true.

/ Got this e-mail #34  
In almost all of these CL type of scams...you will never be allowed to personally inspect the tractor etc...there will be some story that it has already been crated and is in holding by a shipping company etc. etc...

/ Got this e-mail #35  
In almost all of these CL type of scams...you will never be allowed to personally inspect the tractor etc...there will be some story that it has already been crated and is in holding by a shipping company etc. etc...

That's the easiest, most foolproof way of flushing these scammers out - just ask them where you can come inspect the item. You'll get some B.S. story, which is the first sign to run away.

And, by the way, if seller in the OP's post is smoking hot and has particularly low moral character, I'll match any offer you guys have made.

/ Got this e-mail #36  
That's the easiest, most foolproof way of flushing these scammers out - just ask them where you can come inspect the item. You'll get some B.S. story, which is the first sign to run away.

And, by the way, if seller in the OP's post is smoking hot and has particularly low moral character, I'll match any offer you guys have made.

Hey now, wait a minute, I might want to rethink my final offer too:shocked:

/ Got this e-mail #37  
I don't think it's stupidity as much as it is greed. And I don't mean to say that people looking for a good deal are greedy. But when you see a $15,000 tractor advertised for $5,000, your antenna should go up. And I think the greed of actually finding the deal of a lifetime on a tractor/car/whatever is just too much for some people to overcome.

Those of us who have been "standing in line" a little longer and have a little more life experience know that the old saying about "if it's too good to be true . . ." is almost universally true.

In the mid '70's was at a ranch to look at some beef cattle when the ranch owner showed us a Mercedes that had engine problems said a Knock when accelerating from a stop. wanted $500 bucks and before could get to truck for the check book another wrote him a check.
Then asked if I would haul to his place. I did and listening to engine saw the motor mount jump up and down with foot on brake and letting out the clutch. All bargains are not scams. Just never could be a real friend to him either.
ken

/ Got this e-mail #38  
I don't think it's stupidity as much as it is greed. And I don't mean to say that people looking for a good deal are greedy. But when you see a $15,000 tractor advertised for $5,000, your antenna should go up.

The old saying goes, you can't con an honest man.

/ Got this e-mail #39  
Not to sound harsh or any thing, but, who ever falls for this add, deserves to get ripped off.:rolleyes:
AMEN MARK ! I've seen an ad like that one on craigslist a while back except it was a bobcat don't remember the model number but it looked brand new and the person only wanted like 6or8 thousand dollars smh

/ Got this e-mail #40  
since when do people selling on Craigslist send out mass emails about what they are selling? This is really weird, I've bought and sold many things on Craigslist, and I've never received a random email about something for sale, nor have I sent one myself.

Sounds like the crooks are getting more aggressive with their sales tactics.