Longevity welder

/ Longevity welder #21  
FedEx ... They picked up my old one yesterday and apparently the driver failed to scan to reflect in transit to Longevity ... Longevity won't ship the new one until tracking shows in transit ... So .. Just another delay in the arrival of the replacement welder ... How come when it's down I need it more? Been a handful of welding to do...I've grown so accustom to it that I find myself reluctant to fire up the Miller Bobcat!!!

I am going to see if I can rush it for you and get it out before your model arrives. Let me see what can be done!

/ Longevity welder
I am going to see if I can rush it for you and get it out before your model arrives. Let me see what can be done!

I got your PM and sent the email ... all is well the new machine came in today. Man they sure have upgraded these ... it is really nice. I'm feeling a little guilty cause of the hard use I gave the first one ... when you get it back your going to say to yourself ... Geez this guy wasn't kidding when he said he didn't care for or maintain this welder!!

All I can say ... Longevity you have earned my respect as well as any future business ... if I here anyone talking about buying any product you carry I will do everything in my power to sway them to Longevity. You have gone above and beyond the call of duty in my situation. I tend to believe that I'm not the only customer who has gotten such wonderful treatment. I can not say it enough ... THANK YOU LONGEVITY !!!!

/ Longevity welder
If I may make a suggestion, that is to get or make a cover for your welder. I have kept one on my units (Miller XMT304s) for 10+ years and they are still pretty new and clean looking.

I also have a XMT300 that is about 15 years old, it has not been covered, and it looks like it is 30 years old and been rode hard and put up wet as they say.

The grinding dust is the worst. Since I am rarely doing grinding while simultaneously welding, it is no big deal to slip the cover on and then grind away.

Yes indeed a cover is in order ...

/ Longevity welder #24  
My Hobart Handler 135 quit feeding wire a few months ago. The motor wasn't running. I took the cover off, blew all of the crud out with compressed air, then got my meter out and turned it on to troubleshoot. Pulled the trigger and the motor was running again. Must have been the crud.

/ Longevity welder
I placed my order today for the Longevity 42i plasma cutter... Customer service at its best!! A big thanks to John, Vanessa and Simon .. These folks refresh the meaning of "customer service" .. They make you feel like a friend a neighbor .. I ordered an extra set of consumables, a cart to hold the 42i and the 140 Stickmate as well as the cable to hook it to a CNC Plasma table.

/ Longevity welder #26  
I was sold on Everlast, now I need to study the Longevity units.

The fact they stood behind this poorly maintained unit is very impressive

/ Longevity welder #27  
I was sold on Everlast, now I need to study the Longevity units.

The fact they stood behind this poorly maintained unit is very impressive

I wouldn't overlook the fact that the whole TractorByNet audience watching may have had something to do with it. ;)

/ Longevity welder #28  
It appears to me.....
If you study the OP's timeline, the TBN thing does not seem to have much of a factor, he wrote the first posting the same day that he wrote the posting that they were giving him a replacement for the cost of shipping the same day he posted his problem, 6-7 hours later as a matter of fact.

So if someone at Longevity was watching, they made a quick decision to take care of him, and if that is the case, that is good news for all TBN'ers

Anyone one out there that can give me pros and cons of both brands, I would love to hear them.

I want to buy a good dc machine before spring, so any quality info you can give me I would love to hear.

/ Longevity welder #29  
Longevity was absent on here for quite a while Mark from Everlast always seems to be around. Taking care of this poster would help to restore faith in Longevity. I've heard both are very decent machines. Customer service goes a long way to promote a brand.

/ Longevity welder
It appears to me..... If you study the OP's timeline, the TBN thing does not seem to have much of a factor, he wrote the first posting the same day that he wrote the posting that they were giving him a replacement for the cost of shipping the same day he posted his problem, 6-7 hours later as a matter of fact. So if someone at Longevity was watching, they made a quick decision to take care of him, and if that is the case, that is good news for all TBN'ers Anyone one out there that can give me pros and cons of both brands, I would love to hear them. I want to buy a good dc machine before spring, so any quality info you can give me I would love to hear.

I can't speak for the the other brand .. Only my experience with Longevity .. You are right about my OP ... All I can say was as I said ... When they asked me if I had an idea what caused the failure .. I admitted it was my lack of maintaince .. They could have blown me off and said nothing we can do ... They didn't .., they replaced it !!!

I'll tell u this ... If longevity elects to respond they will say "oh my god this man totally abused this machine" ... In today's world it's so easy for companies to say "we are sorry but ???"

Longevity came thru and I did spend some more money with them for my plasma cutter WHY?? Because they cared about me ... I wasn't an email, a voicemail ... I was a customer that shared my story and recieved service above and beyond the call of duty ... Again thanks to everyone at longevity for taking such good care of me .. Also ... Just call them and ask them to give u the best quote possible .. You just may be surprised !!