Longevity welder

/ Longevity welder
Is that your experience? Just about anywhere I call asks that these days. OnStar just asked me a few days ago :)

Yes .. Did OnStar or the others say because they are having phone issues?

/ Longevity welder #42  
My Hobart Handler 135 quit feeding wire a few months ago. The motor wasn't running. I took the cover off, blew all of the crud out with compressed air, then got my meter out and turned it on to troubleshoot. Pulled the trigger and the motor was running again. Must have been the crud.

I've never seen a meter with a troubleshoot spot on the switch, could someone please direct me to such a device. I'd like to have one.

/ Longevity welder #43  
Yes .. Did OnStar or the others say because they are having phone issues?

No, they just said in case we're disconnected. It could be phone trouble on my end or their end, they'd still call me back and complete the call.

What does it matter? :p

/ Longevity welder #44  
I've never seen a meter with a troubleshoot spot on the switch, could someone please direct me to such a device. I'd like to have one.

Ha ha. Thanks for pointing out my poor grammar. As you probably surmised, I turned the welder on to see if there was voltage to the wire feed motor.
I'm sure there will be an app for troubleshooting some day. Scan the bar code on the machine and you will go right into a troubleshooting dialog. Bluetooth Multimeter - Wiki

/ Longevity welder
Got my plasma cutter .. Also ordered one of those metal carts ... Nice really nice!!

Today it'll all go to the shop .. Wife was kind enough and allowed it all to stay in the house overnight!!!

Am so looking forward to start cutting!!!

More on it later

/ Longevity welder #46  
GREAT!

Unfortunately, I need to wait a little more to order mine:mad:

/ Longevity welder
GREAT! Unfortunately, I need to wait a little more to order mine:mad:

I probably should have waited as well .. Had to juggle things around !!! I've got some units sold and the weather has changed for the better .. So I'll be in the shop building for the next several days !!!

/ Longevity welder
Maybe it's just cause I've never had one BUT what an amazing machine ... I played all the way up to 3/4 inch thick .. On that thickness slow down .. Once I got the hang of it .. Nice cuts

/ Longevity welder #49  
Nice. What model did you get? I've had my Forcecut 50D for a couple of years now and it is a good machine. Only complaint might be that it does put out some serious EMF. I have an old DVD receiver I use as a shop stereo and it has to be reset every time I fire up the plasma.

/ Longevity welder
I got the 42i