Texas Fall/Winter thread!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread!
#5,101  
Of course, mine are trained! They are better behaved than most people's human kids.

For some reason, I believe that a 1000% :D I would also bet your pups eat better than today's kids too:laughing:

Speakin' of glum. . . I was all set to sleep in this morning because we got a call last night that Alvord ISD was not opening schools until 10 AM. So, while I was snoozing under warm covers, I get a call at 8 AM saying school was closed today. Then, 1/2 hour later, the same call over again.:confused2: Then 1/2 hour later, my wife's cell phone rings with the same message.:mad: Sheesh! No rest for the wicked. . . :rolleyes:

Jim, glad to see ya brudda!! I had the same darn thing happen and it started at 8:45pm yesterday:confused3: I had just passed out and 3 phones started going off for 2 school districts:mur: They promptly started again this morning grrr.......

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,102  
Isn't it ironic that it's colder in N. Tx than it is in Sochi, Russia?:rolleyes: I've been watching lots of Olympic coverage and the snow there is more slush than powder. What a shock! Maybe they should have had the Olympics in Siberia.:laughing:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,103  
Speakin' of glum. . . I was all set to sleep in this morning because we got a call last night that Alvord ISD was not opening schools until 10 AM. So, while I was snoozing under warm covers, I get a call at 8 AM saying school was closed today. Then, 1/2 hour later, the same call over again.:confused2: Then 1/2 hour later, my wife's cell phone rings with the same message.:mad: Sheesh! No rest for the wicked. . . :rolleyes:

That's bad. Interrupting a day off to tell you that you have the day off. :confused3:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,104  
I got up about 4:30 this morning, and looking at news & weather on the Internet & TV, schools closed, county offices closed, colleges in Denton closed, made me wonder if we were going to be calling to cancel/re-schedule my wife's doctor appointment this morning. But then at daylight, it didn't look bad outside, so . . . . well, sure enough it wasn't at all bad in this area; just a very few little icy spots; actually easy driving.

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,105  
Sorry Charlie.:eek: You do know that was my Dad's middle name, well.........Charles.:thumbsup: Mom would say Sorry Charlie often.:anyone: Been too many days without the sun.:smiley_aafz: I don't remember a winter with at least some sunshine each week.

Actually, I have laying low here at home cooking up new projects.:licking: I'm gonna get back in raising rabbits:bunny: for meat.:licking::licking: I have been searching craigslist for cages and breeding stock. Slim pickings:thumbdown: out there right now.:melodramatic: Just youngsters for sale and no cage "giveaways":thumbsup:. I may build myself new cages.:wrench::hammer::money::bone: That will be $$$

Also, I almost bought two, full grown, Mallard drakes:duck::duck: and a hen:duck:. But they sold before I could get to see them. Now I am gonna order 5 pair of Mallards from McMurray Hatchery.:yes::applause::jump::hyper::cheerful: I plan on getting them in March. They will be day old and eager to bond with Me.:cloud9: I'll need to keep them in the barn under heat for a few weeks. I will also start Booger off near them and chase him away from them with my "training":mur::duh::fiery::censored::pullinghair::hissyfit: broom.

I am taking off Thursday night to go to Austin this weekend. I plan on stopping in Smithville to see a Hudson :cool2:sawmil:dance1:l demostrated.:drink:
hugs, Brandi

Brandi-- My diagnosis is just a lite case of Cabin Fever, pour and ice tea tumbler of your favorite beverage. After you have had a couple of beverages.......Take a nap(what else can you do?) ----the weathers lousy......you'll be better in the morning.

Ummmm! Rabbit, taste likes chicken.....only better. I love Rabbilt fajitas.......but they make me a little jumpy.

Charlie

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,106  
I'm gonna get back in raising rabbits for meat. I have been searching craigslist for cages and breeding stock.

Brandi, when I got into that, a brother & I built a one piece, 4 section, rabbit hutch, and I bought a buck & 2 does (New Zealand Whites). But before long, I bought 11 metal cages from Tractor Supply Co.:laughing:

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,107  
Brandi-- My diagnosis is just a lite case of Cabin Fever, pour and ice tea tumbler of your favorite beverage. After you have had a couple of beverages.......Take a nap(what else can you do?) ----the weathers lousy......you'll be better in the morning.

Ummmm! Rabbit, taste likes chicken.....only better. I love Rabbilt fajitas.......but they make me a little jumpy.

Charlie

Native has "Cabin Fever" too!

/ Texas Fall/Winter thread! #5,108  
I got up about 4:30 this morning, and looking at news & weather on the Internet & TV, schools closed, county offices closed, colleges in Denton closed, made me wonder if we were going to be calling to cancel/re-schedule my wife's doctor appointment this morning. But then at daylight, it didn't look bad outside, so . . . . well, sure enough it wasn't at all bad in this area; just a very few little icy spots; actually easy driving.

Glad to hear that. Hope everything went well!