YM2210D reconditioned good or bad

/ YM2210D reconditioned good or bad #51  
The Vietnam rebuilt tractors are basically salvaged tractors with bad or broken parts swapped with other salvaged tractors. This permits the entrepreneur to sell a few and scrap a few.

I bought a 2210D with a VN loader and scraper. It looked like new with about 200 hrs on the tach. Eventually I learned that the motor was from an older model that would bolt right up to the 2210. The motor had the correct ID tag (2T90) for the 2210D but from the injector pump ID tag we found the engine was actually a (2TR20) from an older model 2010.

My tractor needed several repairs which were not expensive, only because I was able to do them myself. The major problem with the engine was that the oil drain plug was directly above the driveshaft to the front axle. The plug would not come out without dropping the drive shaft. I fixed it by removing the oil pan, drilling and inserting a second drain plug beside the drive shaft. Both front knuckle seals needed replacing and needed shims added. All the grease fittings on the underside were broken off. The fuel strainer bowl was chipped and leaked. One of the first clues to the engine swap was that a new strainer bowl for the 2T90 would not fit my engine. The shorter strainer from the 2TR20 fit fine.

Now it is a great little tractor and cost me much less than a domestic tractor, which was not even available.

I realize that I am late in getting into this but if possible I would question why the tractor is being sold and try to have someone who is familiar with the 2210D inspect it.

/ YM2210D reconditioned good or bad
Well I wasn't able to make it up and see it before it was sold so I'm still keeping my eye out for one. They are pretty scarce around here but I really should wait till next spring but they might be higher then when people get the notion to start working outside. Thanks for the the info.
Bob

/ YM2210D reconditioned good or bad #53  
Eventually I learned that the motor was from an older model that would bolt right up to the 2210. The motor had the correct ID tag (2T90) for the 2210D but from the injector pump ID tag we found the engine was actually a (2TR20) from an older model 2010.
Actually 2TR20 (no suffix) is older than YM2010, it was used on the first series of YM2000 about 1975~77. I think its displacement is the same as YM2210's proper engine, and many parts are interchangeable, but 2TR20 is rated 20 hp while you should have 22. The hp difference is probably just the injector pump calibration.

/ YM2210D reconditioned good or bad #54  
Actually 2TR20 (no suffix) is older than YM2010, it was used on the first series of YM2000 about 1975~77. I think its displacement is the same as YM2210's proper engine, and many parts are interchangeable, but 2TR20 is rated 20 hp while you should have 22. The hp difference is probably just the injector pump calibration.

You are quite correct about the origin of the 2TR20 engine. It is amazing how it bolts up to the 2210 even using the 2210 air filter. A person would have to be very familiar with the various tractors to notice the difference. Fortunately, for me, the 2 horsepower loss is not noticeable. This tractor will spin all four wheels in third gear with the rice tires.

/ YM2210D reconditioned good or bad #55  

That is very correct. First off the 2210 is a 2cyl. diesel and the 2010 is a 3cyl. The difference in engines makes a considerable difference in price between the 2010 and the 2210. 2 cyl. engines sell for cheaper than the 2cyl. While the 2210 is a bit more horsepower by about 1hp, the 3cyl. engine is much more desireable..

/ YM2210D reconditioned good or bad #56  
That is very correct. First off the 2210 is a 2cyl. diesel and the 2010 is a 3cyl. The difference in engines makes a considerable difference in price between the 2010 and the 2210. 2 cyl. engines sell for cheaper than the 2cyl. While the 2210 is a bit more horsepower by about 1hp, the 3cyl. engine is much more desireable..

I ment the 2cyl. is cheaper than the 3cyl. engine.. "My bad"...

/ YM2210D reconditioned good or bad #58  
2TR20A-A on my 2000. I've owned it 6Yrs. come Feb. And still have only heard of 1 Maybe that has a "-A" but I believe it was Prob just 2TR20A. Anyone :confused3: Here's a Pic. It's without a doubt Orig. The touch up paint was me.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    439 KB · Views: 284
Last edited:
   / YM2210D reconditioned good or bad #59  
Hope I am not crashing this thread but it seems some wanted to know where to get a grey market tractor in the US. I bought this a few months ago from COLDWATER tractors in Washington state. I picked it up yesterday. I paid $5K for the tractor plus tax and then $1500 for the little loader they sell. They also sold me a new post hole digger for $550. Now they say they dont sell Vietnam tractors and that they come straight from Japan, but the they are NOT restored either. This one seems to run well, says 1017 hours on the meter. But all they did was mechanically check it out and install a new battery, seat and the loader, ect. They even suggested I change all fluids first.

That said for the money it was the best I could do. In any case here are a few pics of my new toy. I posted a thread on it as well.

RUMBLON

/ YM2210D reconditioned good or bad
It looks good. Hope it runs good for you. You live up close to Coldwater? Haven't heard anything but good things about their loaders. That would be the way I would go If I needed one.