YM2210D reconditioned good or bad

/ YM2210D reconditioned good or bad #71  
I know little to nothing about tractors. I understand that if I am honest and tell it straight up, that people are more forthcoming with info. Im just a guy who used to live on 2 1/2 acres and moved to Idaho on 175 acres of intermediate wheat grass to be left alone, raise his own food and stock his pond with bass, bluegill, catfish and live out his days.

I know this little tractor isnt going to do everything I need but its a start and all the $ I had. After 30 years of police work Im living off of a small pension and money will now always be tight. So slow and steady is now the rule.

OK, the tires are 'ricer tires" ???? That I didnt know. And the fronts have multiple cracks in them too. So my rancher buddy told me a while back that Les Schwab comes up once a month and does mobile tire work on ranches. So if I was going to get new tires that are ideal for ranch work, lots of post hole fence work, moving some dirt, garden work, grass cutting (both of those when I can afford the attachments) what would a nice set of four tires be and what do you think they would cost? Im very open to learning.

RUMBLON

With tubes in your tires and the relatively slow speeds you will be working at, you will probably have years and years and years of life in your cracked tires.
Front tires if you use lots of 4x4 and loader work you may need to replace due to worn out tread. More likely in my opinion is you will run over a portion of a limb and ruin a tire than having issues with the cracks as long as the tires have tubes.
As for ‘ricers’ (R3) as compared to R1 tires, the more air pressure, the more the tire will ride on the lug. The ride on hard surfaces will also be less comfortable with higher air pressures. As for traction, that is why you have different types of tires. To say ricers provide less traction when they are designed to be used in muddy sloppy race paddies, is kin to saying 4x4 provides less traction. Match your tire type to the type of work you typically will use the tractor for and accept that you will give on other points. (For example, if mowing a yard is your largest usage get turf tires, realizing that you will not have the traction in loose soil that ag’s would provide)

/ YM2210D reconditioned good or bad #72  
Avoid Big Little Tractors. I started having problems less than a week after Don delivered my tractor. I had to replace all the electrical wiring, the fuel pump, the fuel gauge, and I still have two leaks in the hydraulics that are too costly to repair. Don, of course, did not care anymore once he got paid. Look somewhere else

TCD, what model did you get from BLT ??? And what Yanmar has a fuel gauge to replace? For the YM series it's rather cheap being less than $65. Or just use the basic cap for $7 and a stainless rod to dip and measure. :)

Sadly, not all refurb/recon dealers are the same. That's why I researched and went with a Yanmar approved UTDA refurb tractor to avoid those issues. And the minor issue I had wasn't even a Yanmar part after the sale and was covered under the 1-year warranty of Fredricks.

/ YM2210D reconditioned good or bad #73  
Avoid Big Little Tractors! I started having problems less than a week after Don delivered my tractor. I had to replace all the electrical wiring, the fuel pump, the fuel gauge, and I still have two leaks in the hydraulics that are too costly to repair. Don, of course, did not care anymore once he got paid. Look somewhere else.
3 days ago you put 'Tractor - dae dong' in your Profile. Is that what you bought there?

/ YM2210D reconditioned good or bad #75  
TCD, what model did you get from BLT ??? And what Yanmar has a fuel gauge to replace? For the YM series it's rather cheap being less than $65. Or just use the basic cap for $7 and a stainless rod to dip and measure. :)

Or fuel pump?

/ YM2210D reconditioned good or bad #76  
If anyone noticed he replied to a thread from 2014!! Not sure what is going on.

/ YM2210D reconditioned good or bad #77  
If anyone noticed he replied to a thread from 2014!! Not sure what is going on.

One other thing I had notice too, the guy only replies on various forum threads to bash the gray market dealer. He doesn't come out with his own thread posting asking if others had a bad experience and then carefully list his experiences. There are two folks right now with horrible experiences with Branson and an LS in other forums that once bought new, the dealer has been a cold shoulder to them. The guys even started their own threads and listed just the details, no bashing, just the facts. Got to watch out for trolls these days.

/ YM2210D reconditioned good or bad #78  
Well it is unfortunate if they had some horrible experiences with Branson and LS, but at the same time there is a better way to go about their problems. Just my .2c

/ YM2210D reconditioned good or bad #79  
Some of these people find these old posts by reading a thread and then at the bottom it lists links to "similar threads". Often these are years old and some people don't even look , thinking there newer. But yes this is a weird way to go about listing a bad experience.