Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,191  
The Mikuni carb goes on a 1988 Yamaha Terrapro. See my link in my signature line. The ONLY ATV ever made that has a PTO. There are two throttle connections. One coming from the thumb control, and one coming from the governor control. Those carbs are rare as hens teeth. Gonna put one up for sale and test the waters.

My wife uses a soak now. Didn't know about the pearls. That's good to know. Anyway it works great on small carbs.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,192  
Anybody have any experience with the HF retractable air hose reel? I'm tired of air hose rats nests and these look like they may solve that problem .

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,193  
Anybody have any experience with the HF retractable air hose reel? I'm tired of air hose rats nests and these look like they may solve that problem .

Yes, I tried one and returned it. Nothing but trouble for me so if you want that style, pony up and get a good one off Amazon or wherever.

I did have great results with this hose winder below.

100 Ft. Steel Air Hose Reel

I actually have two with one on top of the other and each with 100 ft of hose. This way I can use around the barn and if need be can stretch to the other barn. It works really well and if I want to spray paint something outside the barn and downwind it takes but 30 seconds to get the hose out. All hose is quick-connected but the second 100 ft only gets connected when I need it. I started out looking for a spring-type re-winder but am happier with this setup.

Also, a lot of extra hose increases tank capacity if you need it.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,194  
Avoid the plastic one. We got it and the hoses fell apart within a couple of years and the retract spring is pretty weak.

Aaron Z

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,195  
Yes, I tried one and returned it. Nothing but trouble for me so if you want that style, pony up and get a good one off Amazon or wherever.

I did have great results with this hose winder below.

100 Ft. Steel Air Hose Reel

I actually have two with one on top of the other and each with 100 ft of hose. This way I can use around the barn and if need be can stretch to the other barn. It works really well and if I want to spray paint something outside the barn and downwind it takes but 30 seconds to get the hose out. All hose is quick-connected but the second 100 ft only gets connected when I need it. I started out looking for a spring-type re-winder but am happier with this setup.

Also, a lot of extra hose increases tank capacity if you need it.

I have that same hose reel and agree it is certainly worth the $18. Only complaint with it is that you have to roll up the hose while standing in front guiding the hose as otherwise the hose snags on the four rails. You cannot pull in hose that is behind or to the side without having one hand one the hose reel handle and the other guiding the hose to the center.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,196  
Yes thats a good one...I had one that broke.(my fault) I now use it for electrical cord..

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,197  
Ultrasonic Cleaning

I'm sure this may have been posted before but gonna share it anyways. I bought my wife a HF ultrasonic cleaner for her vast jewelry collection :shocked: then she found out that they weren't

There have been a lot of good reviews on this cleaner. However, mine died after 6 uses. No abuse, and it still looks brand new. It won't even power up. :-(

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,198  

I've had one of their "better" ones for 12+ years and it has worked very well. This is the one with the red Goodyear rubber hose, 25'. The only complaint is that it does leak down every so slightly. I just turn my compressor off at the tank to fix that problem.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,199  
I have that same hose reel and agree it is certainly worth the $18. Only complaint with it is that you have to roll up the hose while standing in front guiding the hose as otherwise the hose snags on the four rails. You cannot pull in hose that is behind or to the side without having one hand one the hose reel handle and the other guiding the hose to the center.

When I wind mine up I use a rag wet rag to wipe the house down. After using these wind up reels for 10 years now I find I prefer it over a retractable reel.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #4,200  
Thanks for the reviews - I think I'll get the one with the crank and be done with it for under $20! I think if I carry the free end back to the reel before I start rewinding I won't have to worry about dragging the fittings on the ground.