Dealer Dealer sold me a used 2012 BX25 but advertised it as a used BX25D...

/ Dealer sold me a used 2012 BX25 but advertised it as a used BX25D... #21  
Technically they did sell you a BX25D. It's not the newer model with the most recent upgrades, but it does not sound like you or the salesman were exactly on the ball about that either way.

In my opinion, they did not lie one bit at all. They correctly advertised the model number. If the exact year and revision was that important to you, I think it's your responsibility to know the details and verify them before you buy.

/ Dealer sold me a used 2012 BX25 but advertised it as a used BX25D... #22  
I suppose that is to differentiate from the nuclear model.
What? There's a nuclear model? :sun: I want! I wouldn't have just bought the tractor I did if I had known that! :pullinghair:

Probably not available in California, though...:laughing:

/ Dealer sold me a used 2012 BX25 but advertised it as a used BX25D... #23  
Recently bought a BX2360. My dealer still had a "new" one for well north of $13K. It was one of the last of the BX2360 as his lot was now stuffed with the 70 series. (Nice updates on those 70's but the price, cough, cough).

But I had come to buy a used one. I had searched his inventory on the website and a couple low hour units were supposed to be available. Turns out, one had sold the day before, a BX1860. But, he still had the other a BX2360, with 24 hours. Ok, really??? 24 is a new machine, but also really, it was built and sold some 4-5 years ago. Eyes wide open. The dealer cut me a killer deal, saving me $4K off a new one and took the unit into the shop where the guys went through it stem to stern, greasing it, changing the oil, and checking it out.

It is an "early" 2360 and there were a small number of tweaks, albeit slight ones, through the production run. Looking underneath, I could see there was no trans fan protection at all, meaning this was indeed an early run model. So what? In my mind? None of this meant a blessed thing. The machine had been garage kept, was spotless and still had the rubber needle nubs on the tires. Gee Whiz. Couldn't be happier.

If you saved $3K or more on that machine? I'd just smile and enjoy your BX25D and start waxing it, modifying it, buy all kinds of stuff for it from 4shorts or BXpanded and smile, smile, smile. Two years from now, none of this is gonna matter.

/ Dealer sold me a used 2012 BX25 but advertised it as a used BX25D... #24  
Didn't read all the posts. The dealer isn't liable, not true misrepresentation. He's a Deere dealer, not going to know every little detail about a Kubota. And to who said write Deere and tell them, don't waste your time. They don't give a s--t about a competitive piece of used equipment. Has nothing to do w/ Deere.
Just be happy w/ what you have and let it go.

/ Dealer sold me a used 2012 BX25 but advertised it as a used BX25D... #25  
Lesson learned; "Buyer Beware". You should have done more research on used tractor prices. One year old, maybe, 150 hours, red flag situation. Most BX owners put less than 50 Hrs a year on their tractors, especially those trading after one year (Yuppies). In this area a new BX25D W/FEL and BH sells for $16,750. for the less than $1K I would have bought a new one and take my own 150 Hrs of wear and tear. I bought a new one after looking at a lot of overpriced used stuff (my personal opinion). Used tractors do hold their value a lot better than most machinery though.

Ron

Ron

/ Dealer sold me a used 2012 BX25 but advertised it as a used BX25D... #26  
No recourse at all. you bought a used tractor from a dealer who sells a different brand. You asked about the D but did not specify anything, like is it the latest version of the D model or anything else. The salesman did not give you an answer and YOU made the choice to not pursue it further, told yourself because the service manual said D that it must be a D. You were wrong, talked yourself into ignoring what would otherwise be red flags and put down money and signed the deal you cut. And you drove 200 miles RT to buy that particular tractor without doing the necessary homework to know for sure what the D type you wanted must have to be the D.
Not to be hard on you, but you made the deal and now have buyer's remorse. You've now learned what the various D designations mean from serial number to specific production run mods. I say, as many have, live and learn, enjoy what you have and look in the mirror for who is responsible for getting what you have- you, no one else.
Sounds like you got a good tractor, now go use it and enjoy it.:thumbsup:

/ Dealer sold me a used 2012 BX25 but advertised it as a used BX25D... #27  
Personally I think the dealer has a bit of responsibility here. He knew what he was selling. If they are indeed the same tractor except for _____ then they are not the same machine.

I was told by my salesman that the D had extra brace on the machine to deal with the backhoe forces....was that just sales BS I really don't know. But I do know the part he showed me was not on any of the other BX machines he had.

I really don't know on this but I can tell you what I would do:

Call Kubota ask just what is serial number X....record it. If they say anything other then BX25D I would make a call to your sales man and if that does not go well to your states AG.

/ Dealer sold me a used 2012 BX25 but advertised it as a used BX25D... #28  
Most BX owners put less than 50 Hrs a year on their tractors, especially those trading after one year (Yuppies).

Ron

Ron

I've been called a few things in my life but "YUPPIE" has never been one of them.
I actually traded my first ever tractor, a BX2200, after the first year because I was so shocked and amazed by what a SCUT would do, needed more ground clearance and realized how much more and different work I could do on my subdivision homestead lot with a tractor. I also a few years later bought a BX2350 and after much less than a year sent it packing because of the abrupt stop in reverse which I knew was wrong and Kubota also knew it was wrong to the tune of $500. I also discharged a L3240 (to high off the ground on my hillside, scared me) and a B2320 (first, last and only gear drive Kubota). YUPPIE, well I guess I'll claim it at my ripe old age of 66 and really close to 67.:cool2::cool2::cool2:

/ Dealer sold me a used 2012 BX25 but advertised it as a used BX25D... #29  
Wonder what happened to the OP?