Dealer Dealer sold me a used 2012 BX25 but advertised it as a used BX25D...

/ Dealer sold me a used 2012 BX25 but advertised it as a used BX25D... #31  
Another good example of why regulations are not needed to govern a business's actions. I would check with the Attorney Generals Office in your State and ascertain what consumer protection laws exist for such activity by a business.

I would also contact John Deere. They would probably be interested to learn they have a dealer misrepresenting products they are selling.

Bottom line though have you asked for your money back and been refused?

In my state... none of the consumer protection laws, acts or regs apply to any business application.

If you bought it to mow the lawn around your the house you own... you are good to go.

If you bought it to put in drainage lines at your rental property you would not meet the consumer protection standards of my state.

Just throwing it out there for what it is worth.

Of course there are always laws about fraud and intentional misrepresentation.

/ Dealer sold me a used 2012 BX25 but advertised it as a used BX25D... #32  
The difference in the loader quick attach would have me in court as soon as possible. Get every place he advertised to provide you with a copy of the advertising. You were taken advantage because of false advertising.

/ Dealer sold me a used 2012 BX25 but advertised it as a used BX25D... #33  
Dealer probably knew what he had, but he's got OP beat. They can argue any way: The bill of sale say OP bought a BX25 and got what he payed for and/or model number says it's is a BX25D.

/ Dealer sold me a used 2012 BX25 but advertised it as a used BX25D... #34  
Personally I think the dealer has a bit of responsibility here. He knew what he was selling. If they are indeed the same tractor except for _____ then they are not the same machine.

I was told by my salesman that the D had extra brace on the machine to deal with the backhoe forces....was that just sales BS I really don't know. But I do know the part he showed me was not on any of the other BX machines he had.

I really don't know on this but I can tell you what I would do:

Call Kubota ask just what is serial number X....record it. If they say anything other then BX25D I would make a call to your sales man and if that does not go well to your states AG.

The serial number says it's a D, the owner's manual says it's a D.....that means it's a D. It may not be the newest version of a D, but it's still a D. There is no such thing as a BX25 that isn't a D.

/ Dealer sold me a used 2012 BX25 but advertised it as a used BX25D... #35  
The difference in the loader quick attach would have me in court as soon as possible. Get every place he advertised to provide you with a copy of the advertising. You were taken advantage because of false advertising.

How so? The machine IS a BX25D, which is what the dealer advertised. They didn't claim it was the newest version, let him inspect it, and showed him the operator's manual when questioned about the model name.

The OP wanted the newest version of a D, but didn't understand the obvious differences, like the brake pedal on the other side...unfortunately, that's on him.

/ Dealer sold me a used 2012 BX25 but advertised it as a used BX25D... #36  
I've been called a few things in my life but "YUPPIE" has never been one of them.
I actually traded my first ever tractor, a BX2200, after the first year because I was so shocked and amazed by what a SCUT would do, needed more ground clearance and realized how much more and different work I could do on my subdivision homestead lot with a tractor. I also a few years later bought a BX2350 and after much less than a year sent it packing because of the abrupt stop in reverse which I knew was wrong and Kubota also knew it was wrong to the tune of $500. I also discharged a L3240 (to high off the ground on my hillside, scared me) and a B2320 (first, last and only gear drive Kubota). YUPPIE, well I guess I'll claim it at my ripe old age of 66 and really close to 67.:cool2::cool2::cool2:
Ha, ha... funny JT. But has anyone told you that you are not normal (most)? :D

/ Dealer sold me a used 2012 BX25 but advertised it as a used BX25D... #37  
Ha, ha... funny JT. But has anyone told you that you are not normal (most)? :D

:)Yes, "odd" & "not normal" are words used for "different" people in Ky.:D

/ Dealer sold me a used 2012 BX25 but advertised it as a used BX25D... #38  
Interesting debate. Did the OP ever mentioned how much he paid for his tractor ?
If he isn,t happy, he should of brought it to the dealers attention, as soon as possible, and come to a resolution.
Letting time go on, and problems fester, usually never come to a mutually agreed solution.
I agreed with those that stated it is a buyer beware kind of problem.
You have to do your own research, before buying.

/ Dealer sold me a used 2012 BX25 but advertised it as a used BX25D... #39  
I agree with some of the sentiment that it's not that big of a deal. Some of the features that you now want were clearly not on the tractor when you bought it. If you bought it site unseen then you could have easily backed out of the deal when you were there. If this was a new unit that you ordered I would see an issue, but this was a used unit that you went to look at.

Frankly on the value and the price, the dealer only cares what he traded for and what he's selling it for. The fault is equal. You should either accept the tractor as it is or they could take it back. I don't see that any additional money is warranted in this situation.

/ Dealer sold me a used 2012 BX25 but advertised it as a used BX25D... #40  

Amazing. Someone else that's sue happy.

He went to look at it prior to purchase. That's pretty much the end of that discussion.