Shortened Joystick to Ease Getting Off-BX

/ Shortened Joystick to Ease Getting Off-BX #21  
OK...can't resist...it's been just short of 5 years since I first responded to this thread...
...I never get on or off the right side if the tractor is running...
...An observation I've made over those 5 years is that...the more precarious the parking spot...the easier it is to get on or off the right (wrong) side of the machine...!

/ Shortened Joystick to Ease Getting Off-BX #22  
Well, I always get off on the same side of the bed,
maybe i should try the other side for a change, I wonder if the wife would mind..lol

/ Shortened Joystick to Ease Getting Off-BX #23  
Well, I always get off on the same side of the bed,
maybe i should try the other side for a change, I wonder if the wife would mind..lol
She shouldn't mind as she should already be up fixing your breakfast. Yeah RIGHT, LOL

/ Shortened Joystick to Ease Getting Off-BX #24  
Thanks for posting the photos. Cool idea. Glad to see I am not the only one who is politically incporrect by leaving the folding portion of my way too tall folding ROPS off. I have the BX24TLB and I suppose they made it that tall for the backhoe operation. Just a PITA for me.

Zenosan

Yeah. I'd rather have the ROPS on, but I park her in an old pig sty that is about 7ft high slanting down to 4' (on the left in the 'from loader' picture). I also have flat land. Between those two factors, ROPS comes off.

/ Shortened Joystick to Ease Getting Off-BX #25  
Can't be worse than driving a motorcycle, just be careful of your surroundings.
ROPS and seat belts are mandatory when they build these machines,
The way some drive them, I can understand why.

/ Shortened Joystick to Ease Getting Off-BX #26  
Almost turned mine over in the yard yesterday. It was out at the far edge and I usually let it get a little tall out there the first mowing. Some yahoo lost a small 14" spare tire. It was a one in a million thing. The thing stood straight up under my rear wheel. Accidents are what kill people. That is why I try to do everything as safely as possible. Even though I wasn't tossed off, I will be laid up for a while. The older I get the more I respect my safety equipment.

/ Shortened Joystick to Ease Getting Off-BX #27  
Almost turned mine over in the yard yesterday. It was out at the far edge and I usually let it get a little tall out there the first mowing. Some yahoo lost a small 14" spare tire. It was a one in a million thing. The thing stood straight up under my rear wheel. Accidents are what kill people. That is why I try to do everything as safely as possible. Even though I wasn't tossed off, I will be laid up for a while. The older I get the more I respect my safety equipment.

Wow! I'm glad you are ok. Hope you heal quickly.

/ Shortened Joystick to Ease Getting Off-BX #28  
I like the mod... this might be a good tweak for me to do. Especially helpful were the before/after pics from an overhead view! Thanks for posting.

/ Shortened Joystick to Ease Getting Off-BX #29  
I had cut it off my b7800 when I first got it. Done the BX after the wife ( my 4X4X4 ) had ran it for awhile. Both are about even with the steering wheel. I like mine shorter I seem to do better with the loader. I can get off on the right real easy, the 4X4X4 still can't roll off the right, there is no step on that side.

/ Shortened Joystick to Ease Getting Off-BX #30  

I agree, being safe is a good thing,
wish I would have thought of that years ago, I wouldn't have 5 kids now....lol
Just kidding, I love them all. Hey, who know's, maybe they'll start putting ROPS on motorcycle's.;)
They do go a little faster than tractor's, last time I drove mine.