TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,321  
Xfaxman, I'm looking at this add, this guy has one of these for sale, $2800
6yi1bd.jpg

Looks similar to yours, it's 4X4 diesel with kubota engine,
is this something similar to yours?
Yes, same basic design. That looks like an old Ransomes out front deck mower.

This is my TORO Groundsmaster 4x4 with the 72" deck.
PB020001.JPG PB020007.JPG
It is the same traction unit as what I put the loader on, but is 4x4.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,322  
Yep, that's what it is, a Ransomes, it seems to have hydraulic lines going in the hubs for steering.
I'm trying to get more info on it, looks like something, someone could tinker with.
by the way, your attachments you posted, they don't seem to work.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,323  
As not to hijack this thread, I'll post in your original 'build thread".
Thanks Xfaxman.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,324  
Today was Road Rock Day. I have about a half mile of road I have been taking rocks out of every spring for 15 years. Hard to believe there are any left. No big one this year. Today was the first time I used the tooth bar for this. It is a huge help with three major benifits over having just a cutting edge on the bucket; Penitrates the packed road surface so easy, Easier to get a better grip on the rock, Being able to see under the bucket with the teeth on the road when setting up to dig or for a pick with the grapple makes it easier to operate. Another piece of equipment I should have gotten long ago.

RoadRockDay1.JPG

RoadRockDay2.JPG

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,325  
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,326  
I cut one of our steeper hills today for the first time. Took 3.6 hrs.

Attachments

• 082.jpg
    082.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 152
  • 083.jpg
    083.jpg
    1,022.4 KB · Views: 130
  • 084.jpg
    084.jpg
    999.6 KB · Views: 134
  • 081.jpg
    081.jpg
    762.4 KB · Views: 161
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,327  
Just a little rough cut mowing this afternoon, in the thick grass and weeds out back...

1025 forward view.jpg

1025 right side tall.jpg

1025 howse1.jpg

1025 howse from back.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,328  
Just a little rough cut mowing this afternoon, in the thick grass and weeds out back...

I've seen grass cut for hay that didn't look that lush. You should put a couple of cows back there.

Larro

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,329  
Sure wish I had pictures... but phone/camera was in the house takin the day off, chargin. The boys (Jacob-13, Cameron-6) and I spent the day cutting and skidding some logs to take to sell. They helped clean up tops and brush, hook and unhook, and ride the 4-wheeler (quad, atv, whatever y'all call 'em) as much as they could find excuses to...

Had an Ash log down already, came down in a storm 2 years ago, cut another near it. Took down a Poplar, and 2 Cherrys. Skidded with the JD 3005 and the K30 mud truck. The truck will out pull the tractor by a mile.... twice the weight, 4 times the motor... love hearin that turbo whine!

Came back with
19"x16' x 2 poplar
18"x12', 18"x10', 12"x12' ash
21"x16', 16"x12, 14"x8' 14"x16' cherry

And all the tops left for firewood, thats another weekends work alone.

The one big cherry still needs skidded up the hill... ran outta daylight. That and loading is tomorrow's plan.

Fun day... good time with the kids... girls came down for a little while but the boys stuck with me all day. Work disguised as riding the 4wheeler does the trick!

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #3,330  
I've seen grass cut for hay that didn't look that lush. You should put a couple of cows back there.

Larro

And that is more tempting than it should be. It is adequately fenced in (previous owner had horses back there at one time) so it is ready to go. It is lush in some places, pretty dry and sparse in others...