Comparison Kioti Kubota or Deere. Which one to buy???????

/ Kioti Kubota or Deere. Which one to buy???????
The only issue I'm having with the kioti is the dealer. It's not that I don't like him or he didn't spend any time with me. I just don't know how long he will stay as a kioti dealer. The only other one close to me is 40 miles. And also parts. Will they be available for me 10 years down the road.

/ Kioti Kubota or Deere. Which one to buy??????? #12  
That makes sense.

500 lbs is significant on a percentage basis, but you will need to be the judge of that. Tire width can negate some impact as far as creating ruts is concerned.

/ Kioti Kubota or Deere. Which one to buy??????? #13  
And also parts. Will they be available for me 10 years down the road.
I would hope so.
I have owned my Kioti DK for 13 years.
Far as I can tell parts are no problem at all.

/ Kioti Kubota or Deere. Which one to buy??????? #14  
I have soft ground much of the year and find lighter tractors work better for my needs. I can always add weight to the 3 pt and/or wheel weights when I need it and when the ground is dry. I can not add more hp to push a heavier tractor. Having said that, Kiotis are good tractors, I will not disagree with that. My preference in that group would be Kubota, Yanmar* then Kioti. *the real small Deere

You can add weight to all of them. With the Kioti you are starting out 600+ lbs heavier. The Kioti also has about 25% higher hydraulic flow rate, meaning faster backhoe operation. It lifts about 200 lbs more on the 3PH than the Kubota too (20% more). In the loader it lifts more weight to almost a full foot higher. These are things that make the Kioti a better digger.

The Kubota advantages are a bit more HP, and 3-range tranny. Does the 2920 have the quarter inching 3PH? If so, most hate it. The JD is lesser in just about every category. A 2520 would be a more appropriate model to compare. I don't know why anyone who was objective would pick a 2320 over either the 2920 or the CK2510, if you believe all are worth of owning.

/ Kioti Kubota or Deere. Which one to buy??????? #15  
According to published data the CK2510 is 706 lbs heavier than a 2920. That's about 45% heavier. And that's huge for ground engagement.

Dealer location is no big deal. Order your parts to your door. There are 80's models of Kiotis out there that you can still get parts for. Even some of JD's 80's models have parts availability issues now.

/ Kioti Kubota or Deere. Which one to buy??????? #16  
According to published data the CK2510 is 706 lbs heavier than a 2920. That's about 45% heavier. And that's huge for ground engagement.

Ouch. Way too much weight if I were making a selection in this class. Kiotis are ice tractors, but not for me.

Last edited:
   / Kioti Kubota or Deere. Which one to buy???????
What is a quarter inching 3ph?

/ Kioti Kubota or Deere. Which one to buy??????? #19  
The only issue I'm having with the kioti is the dealer. It's not that I don't like him or he didn't spend any time with me. I just don't know how long he will stay as a kioti dealer. The only other one close to me is 40 miles. And also parts. Will they be available for me 10 years down the road.
I guess you answered your own question.If you are not very comfortable with Kioti as a product or your local Kioti dealer being in business 10 years from now walk away.One has to remember that a good local dealer is very important for sales,service and parts.With saying that I have a great Local Kioti dealer and have owned 2 Kioti DK 40 series tractors since 2007 needless to say both have been flawless tractors.

Attachments

• 217.jpg
    217.jpg
    702.2 KB · Views: 67
   / Kioti Kubota or Deere. Which one to buy??????? #20  
Ouch. Way too much weight if I were making a selection in this class. Kiotis are ice tractors, but not for me.

Depends on what you want to do with the machine. You want to dig, you want to get maximum capacity from a loader or backhoe. you need real weight. Besides we aren't talking 10,000 lbs here. We are talking about feather weight Kubota and JD models verses a 2300 lb tractor (hardly a heavy weight itself). If 2300 lbs is too much weight, that eliminates thousands of models. Really? Come on, man! Don't mislead a newby like that.

There are thousands of Kioti owners where the weight is not a handicap. I have a friend with a B21. I've used it some at his place and he has used my CK25. He'll tell you there is no comparison, the CK is by far the more effective digger. Why? Pure and simple: weight. His backhoe tosses the B21 around too much and the loader can be tippy.

This is not to say the OP should go Kioti. If mowing is far and away the biggest use, the Kubota or JD are better choices, in part because they are lighter. But the CK is the better loader and backhoe choice.