Moving a Large Shed

/ Moving a Large Shed #1  

badwolf1961

Tractor
none
I need to learn how to move a large shed. 28 x 48 feet. It is of 2x4 construction. Trusts are also 2x4. Metal roof. I plan to move it about 70 feet. I also want to raise it about 18 inches onto a cement block foundation. How can I prepare and move this?

/ Moving a Large Shed #2  
never done it, but I would suggest some diagonal bracing to prevent the shed from racking. If your new foundation isn't built yet, you may want to leave some gaps to allow any timbers that are under the shed to pass through.

/ Moving a Large Shed #3  
I think I would start off with a phone call to someone that has done it a few times. I don't think this is a DIY project.

/ Moving a Large Shed #4  
I agree with bigtiller, this a large building for a DIY project. Bracing and lifting this straight will be a challenge as well as any wind will want to push this around.

/ Moving a Large Shed #5  
What equipment do you own, or have access to?

/ Moving a Large Shed #9  
I've moved a 14 X 22 foot building but 28 x 48 isn't something I would attempt on my own ... Not without 100 men like the above videos.

/ Moving a Large Shed #10  
Check with your friends on facebook and see how many would come over and help tote it. :laughing::laughing:

Actually I would really like to see how you end up doing it. I moved a 12 x 12 chicken coop and my FEL would even lift a corner of it.

If I really wanted to do it myself, I would consider bracing it good, just slide it on skids, put it in place and jack it up a little at a time all around, and put the foundation under it and let it down.

How hard can that be?