Where does your tractor sleep?

/ Where does your tractor sleep? #101  
Not too fancy, but out of the weather, and best of all "it was already there" more or less when we bought our property. Lots of rebuilding and improvements, but not much investment other than time. My only regret is the door will never allow a cabbed tractor inside. Unless it is a half size minature?
P1010676.JPG

/ Where does your tractor sleep? #102  
When my wife was house shopping I told her I didn't really care what it had as long as it had a barn or garage to park in so I didn't have to scrape snow. Otherwise, I wanted to move south. Well, the truck hasn't been in the barn for probably 3-4 years now. :( First the floor was sagging (wood, with 18-24" of space under it) so I got worried about driving it in. Same thing happened in the second bay with her Rav4. Then we got more tools, generator, welding cart, bikes, and soon no room to fit the truck in. Then the door broke, and we couldn't lift it up to replace the roller. So it was screwed in place to keep the kids from trying to open it and messing things up. Then she got chickens, and they took over half of the second bay so no room for a car in there anymore. The Massey lifted the door so I could weld in a new roller and open the door again, and weighs far less than the truck so it sits in the barn now. And I deal with scraping windows in the winter. While her newer Pathfinder has remote start from the previous owner. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 20141114_213413.jpg
    20141114_213413.jpg
    475.5 KB · Views: 210
  • 20141114_213445.jpg
    20141114_213445.jpg
    514.6 KB · Views: 210
   / Where does your tractor sleep? #103  
In the barn with the pigs, which was under construction at the time of pic. I made sure I had plenty of room for the Deere. LUTT

Attachments

• image-3723032455.jpg
    image-3723032455.jpg
    510 KB · Views: 200
   / Where does your tractor sleep? #104  
I'd caution against storing anything rust-prone in a barn with chickens.
Jim

/ Where does your tractor sleep? #105  
I'd caution against storing anything rust-prone in a barn with chickens. Jim
she will be aright pigs are worse than chickens though. LUTT

/ Where does your tractor sleep? #107  
I stored a car under a big plastic tarp in my uncle's barn while I was in the service. On the second floor of the barn, right over my car were about 500 chickens. When I came home on leave a year later, holy crap. There was about an innch of solid chicken poop, pee, feed dust, and about everything you could think of that fell thru the cracks in the floor and onto that tarp. Some of the dust got under the tarp and stunk up the car for a bit. If that car had not been covered, I'd have had to junk it.

It was a freshly overhauled, and newly painted 59 Chevy Impala convertible. This was in 1967 and it was just a used car. I drove it for for another few months, while stationed near home and, figuring it would never last there for another 3 years, sold it for $300 before I left for overseas duty for 3 years. My wife wears it in the form of an engagement ring....so it's sorta still with me.

But yeah, storing stuff near animals can be troublesome.

/ Where does your tractor sleep? #108  
That little Deere has enough plastic and good paint I don't really think there will be much damage to it. We wash it on a regular basis. Really don't know where he got chickens from pigs. Pigs urine and feces are very acidic. They are hard on metal for sure! LUTT

/ Where does your tractor sleep? #109  
Where does my tractor sleep?

Well it is a Kioti,.... so it sleeps in the Kioti den of course!:)

090812 001.jpg083112 009.jpg083112 008.jpg