Chains for 15x19.5 NHS tires

/ Chains for 15x19.5 NHS tires #1  

greenmojo

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 4300, John Deere 450C
All;

I can't seem to find a set of chains for these guys, anyone know what set will fit? I am probably just not looking properly.

I am looking for the chains that ride on top of the lugs for max traction. Any ideas or pointers would be appreciated.

~Moses

IMG_7350.jpg

/ Chains for 15x19.5 NHS tires #4  
All the chains are good. A lot depends on the surface and conditions of the surface you are plowing. I went with standard ladder w/ 3/8" cross link. The V bar cross link are best for hard pack snow and ice IMO but they are tough for use on a blacktop driveway or concrete floor. I plow gravel drives, paved drives, and parking lots and did not want to damage those surfaces. My standard ladder chains were the 4 link but I think the 2 link would give a smoother ride on a hard surface.

/ Chains for 15x19.5 NHS tires
Thanks George2615!

I went ahead and ordered the VDuo15-19.5's with tensioners.

~Moses

All the chains are good. A lot depends on the surface and conditions of the surface you are plowing. I went with standard ladder w/ 3/8" cross link. The V bar cross link are best for hard pack snow and ice IMO but they are tough for use on a blacktop driveway or concrete floor. I plow gravel drives, paved drives, and parking lots and did not want to damage those surfaces. My standard ladder chains were the 4 link but I think the 2 link would give a smoother ride on a hard surface.

I am plowing dirt / rock road, with a few hill climbs. Everything was fun until this afternoon, got sketchy.

~Moses

/ Chains for 15x19.5 NHS tires #7  
The duo grips are real good chains for the money. But be careful in the woods or near rocks. We had two backhoes back in the day with duo grips. Both pairs suffered broken links fairly regular.

The duo grips are real good chains for the money. But be careful in the woods or near rocks. We had two backhoes back in the day with duo grips. Both pairs suffered broken links fairly regular.

Interesting, I'll give a good report on how well they work. Possibly have them mid next week, but by then it'll be 60 degrees and sunny. ;-)

~Moses

Thoughts on chains for front tires?

~Moses

/ Chains for 15x19.5 NHS tires #10  
Real slippery slope there. Minimal...4 link smooth...