Chains for 15x19.5 NHS tires

/ Chains for 15x19.5 NHS tires #12  

Attachments

• DSCN1411 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1411 (Medium).JPG
    318.5 KB · Views: 347
   / Chains for 15x19.5 NHS tires #13  
Interesting, I'll give a good report on how well they work. Possibly have them mid next week, but by then it'll be 60 degrees and sunny. ;-)

~Moses

60 and sunny next week? Sounds like the best time to install the chains so you don't freeze your hands putting them on in the snow.

/ Chains for 15x19.5 NHS tires
I have them on my fronts. I use V-bars cross links on those for better steering.

I'll probably order the same, I like the idea of super traction.

60 and sunny next week? Sounds like the best time to install the chains so you don't freeze your hands putting them on in the snow.

No kidding... 60 degrees is wishful thinking... we'll get to 35. ;-)

/ Chains for 15x19.5 NHS tires
Thanks everyone!

I've wanted chains for a while, but didn't know about tirechain.com being such a good resource / place to buy.

In addition to the rears, I picked up v-bars for the fronts just now as well.

~Moses

/ Chains for 15x19.5 NHS tires #16  
Just a quick question for those of you who are running the 15x9.5 NHS tire chains on their rear tires, what is the length and width? My local CL has few adds for heavy duty tire chains with length, width info instead of tire sizes so thought I'd ask here. Thanks fellas.

Last edited:
   / Chains for 15x19.5 NHS tires #18  
I too feel TRYGG is the best.

They make a model sized to a specific tire size.

If you decide to go the TRYGG route, make certain to check you tires' diameter to the Tire and Rim Association standards.

My Kubota, bought new, came with R4 Titans and they ended up being 3" shorter in diameter than the TRA standard. The meant the circumference of the chains was 10" too long.

x246xV8.jpg

:
Trygg to there credit modified by new chains to fit my undersized tires.

Your tires are NOT on this page of the TRA book but many big dealers have the full book and likely would copy a specific page for you.

gx2ariK.jpg

To further illustrate my point, here is Firestone's publish diameter of a 16.9 x 28 which is 56.4"

udDgVcL.jpg

Here is my brand new Titan measuring 52.525 (52-5/8")
y6C1L28.jpg

The TRA spec for R4 16.9 x 28 is 55.52

When choosing tires for a 4WD tractor, the ratio of front to rear tire circumference is not to be ignored risking power train damage.

Dave M7040

Last edited: