Logging in

/ Logging in #1  

Leejohn

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L4240, B7800 & BX2660
The log in needs fixing!!! I have to sign in everytime I open the site. Done the check mark in the box.

/ Logging in #2  
There used to be a work-around that if you didn't logout then you didn't have to login. Unfortunately, I just tried to verify that and it doesn't work anymore. I agree with you that the "remember me" check box(es) doesn't work and needs to be fixed.

/ Logging in
I got back on this time. That is after about 4 or5 times signing in.

/ Logging in #4  
I checked the remember box and I never have to log in unless I clean my history. Not sure why you are having problems but I hope it gets solved for you.

/ Logging in #5  
Not sure why you are having problems but I hope it gets solved for you.

There are 2 'actors' in problems like this; The website and the browser someone is using. If a feature, like Remember Me, works for most people, then odds are it's a problem with the users browser. Many people install security packages, or select certain options, usually in Windows, that affect the browser. In an effort to make it simple, these packages might offer Low, Medium, and High security. People think High security must be better than Medium and don't realize this can affect their browser, which affects how they interact with web sites.

/ Logging in #6  
There are 2 'actors' in problems like this; The website and the browser someone is using. If a feature, like Remember Me, works for most people, then odds are it's a problem with the users browser. Many people install security packages, or select certain options, usually in Windows, that affect the browser. In an effort to make it simple, these packages might offer Low, Medium, and High security. People think High security must be better than Medium and don't realize this can affect their browser, which affects how they interact with web sites.

Yup, just limiting the cookies you allow can cause the behavior being reported, and does daily on my work computer, but never does on my tablet, which allows more of them.

/ Logging in #7  
I checked the remember box and I never have to log in unless I clean my history. Not sure why you are having problems but I hope it gets solved for you.
Same here, I think I last logged in on my computer here at home back in Nov...

Aaron Z

/ Logging in #8  
This happened to me yesterday, just out of the blue. Not just on TBN though. Turns out my Ipad has a 'Private' setting (accessed thru the two overlapping squares icon) Toggling that fixed the problem. Maybe non-Ipads have something similar.

/ Logging in #9  
I agree with you that the "remember me" check box(es) doesn't work and needs to be fixed.

In my case I think password manager Lastpass may be the indirect cause since the box works for others. Apparently the box is reset to empty when Lastpass plugs in the credentials? More variables = more complexity = more scenarios from user to user.

/ Logging in
It's working OK now. Don't know why it did it yesterday. I jump in and out of here and it was getting to me, that's why I posted.