Do we "baby" our tractors too much?

/ Do we "baby" our tractors too much? #21  
I would also agree that the lack of a loader is a major issue with the L3200. On the other hand, both Kubotas I have owned and then sold went for what I wanted- at least what I had in them, but I had also cleaned them up, serviced them using Kubota filters, etc., and added some useful stuff like lights, tool boxes, etc. and they ran and looked good. My only advice would be to take some good photos, do a complete write up, basically saying what you already posted, and park your ads on Craig's List. They will come. Or at least, they will in Maryland. PA can't be that different.

/ Do we "baby" our tractors too much?
I too agree that not having a loader is hurting this sale a bit (b3200).

To those 3 or 4 that mentioned it could be suspicious that it is so shiny outside, that it might be distracting or hiding something bad else where, makes no sence to me. If something is neglected, then it is neglected and over the course of 700 hours to 1700 hours it would show that too in the shiny areas and over that many hours there would be no way I could hide that by wash and wax. And why would it show no rust as if it didnt sit outside, no sun fade, and such and still someone was trying to hide something??? Why bother taking the time to put it in the garage everynight, but neglect internal parts? Even so, the potential buyer can sit on, start, run every function and see for themselves if it works as advertised. No sawdust in the gears. :D.

Any way, I was thinking this would turn more into the efficiencies of maintenance practices, rather then my issues directly.

Most advise still goes back to my point that it seems foolish to take such good care (cosmetically) of our equipment, or atleast in my situation, I know I was foolish to put forth so much effort in keeping those 2 tractors as pristine as I did. I dont believe in buy brand name because resale value will be better either.

So what does everybody think a fair price would be on that b3200, 700 hours, 60" mmm, and 5ft land pride bush hog?

/ Do we "baby" our tractors too much? #23  
An observation I have made- I have never seen a good looking, shiny tractor that has not been well maintained internally. That's not to say that every tractor that does not look nice has been abused or mechanically neglected, but I know that if it looks good, it seems to be good!

Will
My experience as well.
From what I have seen when a tractor is well cared for cosmetically, it is much more likely to be well cared for mechanically.

/ Do we "baby" our tractors too much? #24  
Ray, have you lurked on Tractorhouse long enough to see what others are asking for their B3200's? Having a loader is almost a given for most of us, and to add one would likely be close to $4K, so that may be skewing your value?

As for keeping your tractors clean, serviced and "sanitary" as we used to say about our beloved cars, that is a thing unto itself. Surely many of us would much rather own and use a clean machine than a good but worn looking, dirty and dinged tractor, just for the pride that comes from having something in good repair rather than simply functional. I don't think I am **** about mine, but if I wanted to wash and wax it, it would look pretty good.

/ Do we "baby" our tractors too much? #25  
When buying used I look at the machine , not the paint . I realy hate looking at a machine freshly de greased and all shiny . The first thing I think is whats he hiding. Price and mechanical condition thats what matters to me . I expect scratches , dings and dents on equipment . I can buy plenty of equipment for what its worth , all day long . When I buy used it has to be a great deal . When you see a tractor on craigs list for a month and its not sold , the seller wants too much , if it was a good deal it would have been gone in a week ,it it were a great deal , 1 day , if its a fair deal or not a deal it will sit .

/ Do we "baby" our tractors too much? #26  
I agree, this response is very likely more applicable than the others. The b3200 isn't really "big" enough to be used as a dedicated, non loader farm tractor. So, you're looking at mowing and light b'hogging tasks. Like mentioned, sometime can spend less on a mower, or slightly more, and get a loader.

Other points I agree with:
New vs used warranty.
New vs used financing.
New vs used pricing.

On the pricing, in my opinion, buying used has to be a substantial enough savings to negate the considerations already mentioned.

Good luck!

+1. I purchased new as the used pricings vs. condition vs. options did not come close to the value of new for me. No comparison, actually.

BTW: Beautiful truck in your signature block.

/ Do we "baby" our tractors too much? #27  
Funny thing: when I was trying to sell my WRX, I thought I was selling it for too little, while all the prospective buyers found it too expensive.

/ Do we "baby" our tractors too much? #28  
+1. I purchased new as the used pricings vs. condition vs. options did not come close to the value of new for me. No comparison, actually.

BTW: Beautiful truck in your signature block.

Thanks!

/ Do we "baby" our tractors too much? #29  
I wondered if the emissions thing would help resale of my CUT but i found the opposite. Mine is the "old model" and trade in value from local dealers reflected that. None of them even wanted to look at my trade in. They just wanted to know serial number, equipped, and hours. I have not yet made a deal but when I traded my last CUT it went the same way. The dealer wanted the serial number and hours and didn't even want a picture. He might have asked me if I took good care of it.

/ Do we "baby" our tractors too much? #30  
When I was looking for a used tractor I had several models in mind that met my requirements. I knew the price range that they should fall in and I had an hour range that I felt would still give me plenty of life. If a specific model of tractor fell into my requirement ranges I would look closer at it, if it didn't then I would pass over it. Your hours on the 7800 would have offset the condition. 1700 hours and in poor shape and I probably would of not even looked twice or would have gave it a price much lower than you sold it for in my head. So the way I see it is you're maintaining it well did pay off, it's just your hours cost you.