How do you store you logging/tow chain?

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #251  
I welded some pieces of steel on top of the screen guard with notches, the chain rest in that. The hooks are on two ten inch, 5/8" dia. rods on both sides of the winch frame, not the best way but the chains never fall off, and you can here the chains go Jing-a-ling, Jing-a-ling, all the way through the woods.

That chain method is cool, but I'm fascinated by your folding trailer receiver even more.

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #252  
That chain method is cool, but I'm fascinated by your folding trailer receiver even more.
Thanks, I'll take that as a compliment, it's another one of my add-ons, I use that hitch all the time, it has a spring loaded pin to lock in straight back or in a folded position to temporarily keep it out of the way so I wont bang my knee in it. When I'm not using the hitch, I pull the pin in the receiver and store it on the loader mount. I looked all over the net for a fold away trailer hitch and couldn't find any.

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #253  
Question for you guys with the PVC tube chain holders. Many pics I see show 3-4 chains in one tube. I assume varying lengths. Do you have any issues getting a chain out if it is on bottom? Seems like if you put in several chains the first one in would be hard to get out.

I like to carry one 20' chain and a couple 5-10' chains. Wondering if I should make two separate holders one for the long chain and one for two short pieces.

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #254  
Question for you guys with the PVC tube chain holders. Many pics I see show 3-4 chains in one tube. I assume varying lengths. Do you have any issues getting a chain out if it is on bottom? Seems like if you put in several chains the first one in would be hard to get out.

I like to carry one 20' chain and a couple 5-10' chains. Wondering if I should make two separate holders one for the long chain and one for two short pieces.

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #255  
Getting the chains out is not a problem for me. Just figure on putting the 20 footer in first and the two lighter, shorter ones in second. Just figure if you want to use the long one, you take the two shorter ones out to get to em. Just takes another couple minutes. I don't have a twenty footer in mine. I have a 5/16, 3/8 and a1/4 inch chain in there. I guess the longest is twelve or fourteen feet. Really it all depends on what chain you are going to need the most I guess. I set my up a couple years ago and still really like it.

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #256  

I carry one 20' as well. You have me thinking though... ideally two compartments, one for the 20ft guy and another for the 2 10s... that would be ideal for me. Gotta get on a design for that for my BX. Kinda like Batman and having a 'tool' belt with an accessory for every occasion. :laughing:

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #257  
Well today I built my chain holder. Two 4" square tubes 18" long welded together. I think they were 14ga. I welded a cap across the bottom and drilled 5 holes in each side for drainage. I am pleased with it. The front tube has a 20' 5/16" chain and is full and the back tube has two 5/16" chains about 8-10' long and is also full. I mounted them on to the side of my loader with six small welds.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    345.9 KB · Views: 586
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    579.1 KB · Views: 611
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    374.6 KB · Views: 515
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    476.6 KB · Views: 555
   / How do you store you logging/tow chain? #258  
Well today I built my chain holder. Two 4" square tubes 18" long welded together. I think they were 14ga. I welded a cap across the bottom and drilled 5 holes in each side for drainage. I am pleased with it. The front tube has a 20' 5/16" chain and is full and the back tube has two 5/16" chains about 8-10' long and is also full. I mounted them on to the side of my loader with six small welds.
awesome! Exactly what I want to do!

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #259  
Bdog, looks like a factory upgrade. Very nice.

/ How do you store you logging/tow chain? #260  

You did good. Very nice looking, and very functional.