The WICKED Root & Debris GRAPPLE!!!!!!!

/ The WICKED Root & Debris GRAPPLE!!!!!!! #551  
At the time I ordered my grapple I did not know this, but in using my grapple, since it is in front of the tractor's hood and out of sight, it is good to have the attachment be wide enough to see from along the sides of the tractor.

Ok 72" vote right here.... I like it.... Great reason

/ The WICKED Root & Debris GRAPPLE!!!!!!! #552  
Cleaning up deadwood and trying to reclaim my bottomland, get rid of Privette.
Grapple is on when running the bush hog, and comes in handy for overhanging limbs and deadwood.

image.jpg

/ The WICKED Root & Debris GRAPPLE!!!!!!! #553  
Ok 72" vote right here.... I like it.... Great reason

I can see the sides of my 48" grapple just fine. No need to lean out to look around the front wheels. I can see it right between them from the operator station. And, I have higher net lift capacity, more maneuverability, more power per tine digging and quite a few bucks left in my pocket.

Try to find a 48" grapple owner on TBN who wishes he'd bought bigger. Think about it.

/ The WICKED Root & Debris GRAPPLE!!!!!!! #554  
Mine is 50 inches. I sure don't have any trouble seeing about a foot of each side of my grapple. I am not saying there is anything wrong with the wide ones, if that is what you want. But having to have one that wide to see the edges of it sure is not right.

/ The WICKED Root & Debris GRAPPLE!!!!!!! #555  
Ok, 2 votes for narrower and also valid reasons

/ The WICKED Root & Debris GRAPPLE!!!!!!! #557  
How about a rule of thumb of one inch of grapple width for every 100 pounds of tractor and ballast?

/ The WICKED Root & Debris GRAPPLE!!!!!!! #558  
That's actually not too bad - works out to a 71" on my machine. I still went with a 65" because I wanted to though. :)

Being able to scoop the width of your front tires is a good rule of thumb, but as others have mentioned; you lose ground pressure when you add more bearing surface.