6530 Lost Power, White smoke, Won't Start

/ 6530 Lost Power, White smoke, Won't Start #1  

Gawoodsmen

Tractor
Mahindra 6530
I have a 2008 Mahindra 6530 4x4 with FEL that has 368 hours on the clock that I use to primarily bush hog 15 -20 acre sections of my farm on the weekends. I purchased the tractor at an estate sale with 25 hours on it 3 years ago. The tractor would always start right up and was running great until the last month or so when I started noticing power issues while bush hogging. My terrain allows me to bush hog in low 3 or 4, and after getting to regular operating temperature the tractor RPM's would intermittently drop and white / gray smoke (not the black smoke you get from the wrong gear) would develop and then go away and then repeat so on and so forth. I checked the trouble shooting section of my owner痴 manual related to loss of power / white smoke and did the following. Replaced the inner and outer air filter, drained the fuel and added fresh fuel with Lucas Diesel Additive, replaced the fuel filter, changed the oil and filter, and checked the coolant level. None of these actions alleviated the problem as it returned in short order. The lack of power / smoke issue is more noticeable when going down a slope, but also occurs when flat or going up slope. When not bush hogging or under any sort of load the tractor seemed to be running fine.
Yesterday while bush hogging everything went south, about 20 minutes after start up and midway through the first acre the sluggishness and smoke returned. Only this time instead of being intermittent the sluggishness / white smoke continued to get worse. I disengaged the bush hog and limped back towards the barn with the tractor, unfortunately the tractor cut off before I made it. I attempted to restart it and I was not able to, the starter would engage and turn over but it would not crank.
I normally do all of my regular routine maintenance on my equipment but this issue may be above my skill level.
Any ideas from the community as to possible fixes / solutions or ways to get it started so I can get it on the trailer to the mechanic?
Thanks for your input / advice.

/ 6530 Lost Power, White smoke, Won't Start #2  
Sounds like a fuel issue and you seem to have cover most of the obvious. When you drain the fuel out of the tank did you take the screen out of the tank and check it?

/ 6530 Lost Power, White smoke, Won't Start #3  
this will take 2 people to do DO NOT TRY IT ALONE

remove the intake breather filter ..... get a friend and a can of WD40 ... start cranking the engine ... only after it is spinning , have the friend squirt short blasts of WD40 into the intake ... if the engine is capable of running , it should fire up on the WD40 ....

if it fires up, DO NOT continue running it on the WD40 ... you have a fuel / injection problem
crack the lines at the injectors , crank again and check for fuel leaking out... no fuel = clogged lines / filters / bad injector pump / etc ...

if it does not fire up , you have a compression problem ( head gasket , pistons , valves , etc )

/ 6530 Lost Power, White smoke, Won't Start #4  
Sounds like it's not getting fuel or enough when your getting the white smoke and loss of power. Could be a no. of different things , could be a fuel line coming apart inside or clogged fuel pick-up in tank looks like you've covered a lot of possible causes but deal with all the simple ones first.

/ 6530 Lost Power, White smoke, Won't Start #5  
As Old Gin said, Check the screen in the tank. They are so fine they clog pretty easily,if not that, check the supply fuel line for crack's etc. Sound's like fuel supply /starvation problem.
Regard's
Sean

/ 6530 Lost Power, White smoke, Won't Start #6  
Check your anti-freeze, I would take a compression test. Could have a bad head gasket or cracked head. I know you didn't want to hear that, but a compression test might cut down on the trouble shooting.

/ 6530 Lost Power, White smoke, Won't Start #7  
Did the exhaust smoke smell like un-burned diesel OR Antifreeze???

/ 6530 Lost Power, White smoke, Won't Start #8  
Isn't there known problem with fuel lines collapsing and a new line available to fix the problem?

/ 6530 Lost Power, White smoke, Won't Start #9  
Could be a bad fuel pump - expensive

/ 6530 Lost Power, White smoke, Won't Start #10  
My 4035 had this issue and I found plastic drill shavings in the fuel line going to the fuel filter also a piece of plastic in the top of the fuel filter housing. It was very noticeable going down hill. Cleaned it up and has been good since. good luck!!