Buying Advice Power-Trac 1430

/ Power-Trac 1430 #31  
Bodyshop? Rattle can and some patience will net you a nice green machine. No plastic to worry about. You could paint it Pink if the wife wants. Won't take much.

/ Power-Trac 1430 #34  
Pink Tractor - one of the better theft deterrents. Starting to see some pink construction equipment up in the city too.

Ken

/ Power-Trac 1430 #35  
I know of a guy who paints all of his hand tools pink.

Not to prevent theft, just so he can find dropped ones any time of the year. :laughing:

All the best,

Peter

/ Power-Trac 1430 #36  
Here is one for you, in LA a lot of the manlifts / snorkel lifts / condors are painted black. Why you ask? Why not red or whatever the factor sends? Cause of the movie business. Red ones stand out in the distance for night work (we put lights in the baskets and send them down the street for night work). Black ones save us having to cover it with black duvatine.

/ Power-Trac 1430
I totally agree with you on the sticky. It would help us n00bs and wanna haves!

/ Power-Trac 1430
Deere green is really, really close. :laughing:

MR, talked to Chris @ Power-Trac a week or so ago and I asked him about painting the 1445 PT green instead of red and he said they are the colors for a reason: Green is for Gas and Red is for Diesel.

Whodathunk? :)

/ Power-Trac 1430 #40  
MR, talked to Chris @ Power-Trac a week or so ago and I asked him about painting the 1445 PT green instead of red and he said they are the colors for a reason: Green is for Gas and Red is for Diesel.

Whodathunk? :)

That is not exactly true as my early 90's red 1445 has a gas engine with radiator.