chainsaw quits running

/ chainsaw quits running #11  
Thats where I am having troubles too. I know poulans and never heard of poulan pro 240 chainsaw. Now I have heard of the 2400 but not a PP. Pics please.

/ chainsaw quits running #12  
Hmm. Three weeks since the OP's post.

/ chainsaw quits running #13  
If he figures it out, hopefully he tells us, to help the next guy.

/ chainsaw quits running #14  
Well all your suggestions helped me. My Stihl 025 just started acting funky. Starts, runs, then starts to act like fuel starvation.

He's old and I rebuilt the carb and he ran good. Could be old age (he's about 20 years old) and hardening of the arteries. I'll check the things suggested above. I just bought a Farm Boss so maybe he's just being jealous and looking for attention.

/ chainsaw quits running #15  
I have had the plugged fuel cap issue hit me 3x over the past few weeks --- once on my chainsaw, once on a leaf blower and yesterday on a push mower.

Used to be the last thing I'd check. Now it will be the first thing I check.

Just amazing to me that cracking the fuel cap and the thing comes back to life.

MoKelly

/ chainsaw quits running #16  
I just started having the start OK, run a bit, and shut down problem with my MS290. The fuel is OK, the saw is not abused, but I've tried all suggestions in this thread and it still does the stop routine after running for a few minutes. Any more ideas?

/ chainsaw quits running #17  
Maybe the vent in the cap is plugged. When it starts to die or before loosen cap a bit to see if that keeps it running. Worth a try. Sounds like it's starved for fuel
Also check the hose inside tank with filter

/ chainsaw quits running #18  
The best way to check the chainsaw in tank hose and filter is with a piece of wire with a shepherd's hook at the end. Stick that in there and slide to the filter assembly. You can gently pull the filter to the opening and inspect that. Maybe the filter is funky. Maybe the hose assembly is sitting in the tank in a position that has it starving out. IF you gotta pull the filter off, use a surgical hemostat on the hose to hold it and keep it out of the tank so you can then replug the filter or new one in. A hemostat, with a light touch won't damage your hose and will keep it handy so you can easily reassemble. I have two or three little wire pieces that are pre bent just for this kind of use.

/ chainsaw quits running #19  
Also a good chance there's a bad hose in tank or external. I can't count the number on small 2 cyl motors I've replaced due to ethanol
And yes you'll need hemostats to replace hoses