M9540 transmission options and road speed

/ M9540 transmission options and road speed #1  

grader guy

Tractor
2012 John Deere 5093e
Hi, I can't find any information in regards to travel speed. How fast will the tractor with the 8 speed go? How fast will one go with the 12 speed? Thanks in advance!! Matt

/ M9540 transmission options and road speed #2  
According to the sticker on my fender, my 9540 with the 12sp. does about 18mph. with 18.4 X 30 rubber.

/ M9540 transmission options and road speed #3  
Same for our M8540, I don't know about the 8 speed as I didn't even consider nor would I recommend it on these tractors.

/ M9540 transmission options and road speed #4  
It has been a while since I researched it, however I think the top (and bottom) speeds were the same between the 4 and 6 gear transmissions (8 and 12 speed). With the 2 extra gears (4 speeds) you had more granularity in between.

The 12 speed hydro shuttle is definitely worth it. This is especially true when you consider the other options/features that come with it.

/ M9540 transmission options and road speed #5  
The 12 speed hydro shuttle is definitely worth it. This is especially true when you consider the other options/features that come with it.

i definitely 2nd that

/ M9540 transmission options and road speed #6  
I'm gonna take a wild guess that you're thinking getting one for plowing snow, and wondering about traveling time between jobs. ???

/ M9540 transmission options and road speed
I'm gonna take a wild guess that you're thinking getting one for plowing snow, and wondering about traveling time between jobs. ???

Bingo!! yes trying to see what tractors would put me over 20 mph. My m7040 only does about 15-16 mph. I think I have read that the M60 series go faster, but not totally sure. Thanks for all the responses!! Matt

/ M9540 transmission options and road speed #8  
Fast tractors are very expensive!!
I'd love a JCB Fastrac.

/ M9540 transmission options and road speed #9  
My M9540 12 speed shows 23+ mph on the road unless I hit a hill. The 8 speeds are painfully slower.

The M60 12 speed tractors are electronically governed in H6 to roughly the same. Defeat that and you might squeeze 3-4 more mph out of it.

/ M9540 transmission options and road speed #10  
I have a 9540 in the 24 speed option. The speedo shows 26 mph wot. I believe it to be accurate as I travel fairly quick between my farms.