M9540 transmission options and road speed

/ M9540 transmission options and road speed #21  
That's why guys like "The Fred" turbocharge their rides! Maybe bigger tires would help. Be sure to wear your seatbelt!

/ M9540 transmission options and road speed #22  
My M8540/9540 owners manual shows 20.0mph for the 8 speed and 20.9mph for the 12 speed. with that said I usually see 21.4 mph on my 8 speed

/ M9540 transmission options and road speed #23  
I've only been out on the county road two times in 34+ years. And I certainly was not worried about how fast I was going. Down to the neighbors to clean out his calving pens. His tractors( two - 550 hp Versatile) aren't equipped to handle that job and would probably tear up the pens if he could even get them in there. I go there and clean his pens every summer but always take the cross country route - its a lot more interesting than asphalt. And the cross country route doesn't include idiots going 60+ on a 45 mph road. My M6040 owners manual says 17.8mph for top speed.

/ M9540 transmission options and road speed #24  
Depending on what i am doing running on Blacktop is a multiple trips a day thing. anywhere from half mile, up to 25 miles one way. Currently it can be a long process with a top speed of 16.8mph.

Just considering all my options, and looking deeply into each.

Cheers fella's

/ M9540 transmission options and road speed #25  
Depending on what i am doing running on Blacktop is a multiple trips a day thing. anywhere from half mile, up to 25 miles one way. Currently it can be a long process with a top speed of 16.8mph.

Just considering all my options, and looking deeply into each.

Cheers fella's

That's me. Blacktop almost everyday, majority of trips are under a mile but some are much more. They always include roads posted 55 mph, no way around it. The quicker I can get off the road the better.

/ M9540 transmission options and road speed #26  
I do not envy you two - out on the asphalt with the idiots. I've never hit asphalt with the Kubota - both times was with my previous tractor - Ford 1700. By county road, its about 7.5 miles one way to the neighbors & his calving pens. I think everybody who has ever been on the county road was there on the two trips I made. That was about twenty years ago. I then found a cross country route across my property and onto his.

I follow cow trails and have to go thru 3 or 4 gates but, at least, no auto traffic. And I'm going 4-5 mph max.