Tipping etiquette...what would you do?

/ Tipping etiquette...what would you do? #171  
I have learned over the years that in the long run, I'm better off by ordering from the menu as written; usually there are sufficient sides so that I can "roll my own" so to speak... and I rarely, if ever send anything back, for fear of retribution by the kitchen staff. The one thing that I simply can't abide, though is a hard egg. "Over easy", or if you were at the Coffee Pot in Monett in the 1950's, "lightly basted". That's why I do not like Cracker Barrel. Last time I ate breakfast there, the eggs were like hockey pucks. I sent them back and cancelled my order.

/ Tipping etiquette...what would you do? #172  
I can eat eggs any way they bring them if not still in the shell. and love home fries. im not very picky about a messed up order.

/ Tipping etiquette...what would you do? #174  
Last 2 days i got breakfast at a little deli. scrambled eggs, sausage, toast, hashbrowns, except today did home fries . so much better than fastfood breakfast.

/ Tipping etiquette...what would you do? #175  
We do breakfast for dinner quite often. Scrambled eggs, ground sausage or patties, hash browns, sausage gravy, cheeses, salsa, tortillas and/or toast. :licking:

Personally, if we go out for breakfast, I usually get a very large omelet and take 1/2 home for a snack.

/ Tipping etiquette...what would you do? #176  
I am getting into this thread late but would still like to comment. I have never worked in the food service industry, other than KP way back when, but hear all the time about food tampering. I no longer send anything back to the kitchen. I just request that it be deducted from the bill.

/ Tipping etiquette...what would you do? #177  
I prefer my eggs soft, but I will eat them whatever way they come. Even raw in a glass of milk. Duck and Goose eggs MUST be cooked if you expect me to eat them.

/ Tipping etiquette...what would you do? #178  
Anymore I like my eggs at home hard boiled. I cook them in advance and eat them during the week. Can't say I see hard boiled eggs on any menus.

/ Tipping etiquette...what would you do? #179  
Only way I like potatoes for breakfast is mixed with something else. Cannot stand to just chow on them plain. Either gotta have eggs mixed in (fried or scrambled) with a little syrup, or sausage gravy. Sometimes crumble up the bacon and mix in too.

Not a ketchup person. Wife puts that on eggs and potatoes. Cant stand that. Ruins a good meal IMO

/ Tipping etiquette...what would you do? #180  
We do breakfast for dinner quite often. Scrambled eggs, ground sausage or patties, hash browns, sausage gravy, cheeses, salsa, tortillas and/or toast. :licking:

Personally, if we go out for breakfast, I usually get a very large omelet and take 1/2 home for a snack.

Back a good many years: scrambled eggs mixed with fresh Morels and diced Home Cured/Smoked Bacon was very enjoyable.

Eatin out=three egg mushroom&cheese omelet with hash browns & toast used to be a favorite morning fuel.