Tipping etiquette...what would you do?

/ Tipping etiquette...what would you do? #182  
I have learned over the years that in the long run, I'm better off by ordering from the menu as written; usually there are sufficient sides so that I can "roll my own" so to speak... and I rarely, if ever send anything back, for fear of retribution by the kitchen staff. The one thing that I simply can't abide, though is a hard egg. "Over easy", or if you were at the Coffee Pot in Monett in the 1950's, "lightly basted". That's why I do not like Cracker Barrel. Last time I ate breakfast there, the eggs were like hockey pucks. I sent them back and cancelled my order.

I like mayo, mustard or catsup ; my wife doesn't, so we just order burgers as they come and swap my bottom bun for her top bun and we are all happy, (her ,me, and the restaurant). (This would have also solved the original posters problem.)

/ Tipping etiquette...what would you do? #183  
I like mayo, mustard or catsup ; my wife doesn't, so we just order burgers as they come and swap my bottom bun for her top bun and we are all happy, (her ,me, and the restaurant). (This would have also solved the original posters problem.)

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

/ Tipping etiquette...what would you do? #184  
Back a good many years: scrambled eggs mixed with fresh Morels and diced Home Cured/Smoked Bacon was very enjoyable.

Eatin out=three egg mushroom&cheese omelet with hash browns & toast used to be a favorite morning fuel.

That sounds really good! :licking:

/ Tipping etiquette...what would you do?

It wouldn't have helped us, because we only ordered 1 sandwich. The sandwich comes quartered (with toothpicks through each quarter). Mayo is applied to the top, middle, and bottom bread.

What would have solved the problem was for the mayo to be brought on the side.

Good luck and take care.

/ Tipping etiquette...what would you do? #186  
Funny how they comp the drinks that cost them virtually nothing! Be carefull about complaining when someone can mess with your food.

Sounds like a ****** establishment. Much like the one I went to in Niagara Falls NY with a bunch of kids running the show, and feathers still in the chicken wings! The manager (just a kid) said that you can expect that occasionally. We just walked out, never to return!

I believe (unlike some) that a front line employee is your connection to the establishment. That old "I only work here" does not go over well with me.

I eat out a lot. There are certainly good wait staff and bad ones. A good one will make you feel like they care about your order and satisfaction.

Last edited:
   / Tipping etiquette...what would you do? #188  
Well, your making a statement alright.......what a putz.

I don't care if you like or dislike my attitude. I am the one paying my hard earned cash for my meal and I want it the way I ordered it. End of discussion.

/ Tipping etiquette...what would you do? #189  
I don't care if you like or dislike my attitude. I am the one paying my hard earned cash for my meal and I want it the way I ordered it. End of discussion.

Can't say I'd ever toss food on the floor, but if you keep going back and they keep seating you... Who is anyone else to judge?

Of course these days I see parents let their kids throw food on the floor and let them scream at the top of their lungs without any attempt to rectify the situation or pick up .... It's a different world for sure.

/ Tipping etiquette...what would you do? #190  
Of course these days I see parents let their kids throw food on the floor and let them scream at the top of their lungs without any attempt to rectify the situation or pick up .... It's a different world for sure.

agreed.

.. and I avoid those places if possible too.