thoughts on XU5055

/ thoughts on XU5055 #1  

jocko165

Tractor
massey ferguson 220-4
looking for feedback on the xu5055. I am also looking at tym 554. any thoughts on either one of these woyuld be greatly appreciated. thanks

/ thoughts on XU5055 #2  
I was looking at the XU5055,but for just a little less my dealer showed me the new XU6158. The 6158 has more HP 58 to 55 the engine is bigger 135.2 to 152.8 PTO HP is 46.5 to51.2. Outside of that the tractors are pretty close.The 6158 is the newer model,so there is little info out there about it.

He said the new new engine has less maintenance and it is based on a common rail.It was offered to me for a little less money.I took a chance and went with the 6158.I will not get it until next month so I have no actual experience with it.

/ thoughts on XU5055 #3  
I have a 5065 and so far so good. I only have 17hrs on it but it is a super nice tractor. I had a Mahindra 6010 before this aka TYM built tractor and I was not a fan. I kept the Mahindra for 3 months and it spent a month of that in the shop. The Mahindra only had 130hours on it. I feel the LS makes a superior tractor and I looked and researched all of them in this class before I made my purchase.

/ thoughts on XU5055 #4  
Same here at 90-odd hours. My experience so far can be summed up as reliable, easy to maintain, and durable. The standard hydraulic remotes and telescoping end links have been useful, and the engine doesn't require DEF or a DPF. I liked price and easier towing of XR series, but glad I bumped up a class and have the (5065-exclusive) powershuttle transmission.

/ thoughts on XU5055 #5  
I have a 5065 and so far so good. I only have 17hrs on it but it is a super nice tractor. I had a Mahindra 6010 before this aka TYM built tractor and I was not a fan. I kept the Mahindra for 3 months and it spent a month of that in the shop. The Mahindra only had 130hours on it. I feel the LS makes a superior tractor and I looked and researched all of them in this class before I made my purchase.

What was wrong with the 6010? All brands have lemons. Mahindra sold a lot of the 5010 and 6010's. They seem to be pretty solid machines. Some minor issues. But no one is perfect.

/ thoughts on XU5055 #6  
What was wrong with the 6010? All brands have lemons. Mahindra sold a lot of the 5010 and 6010's. They seem to be pretty solid machines. Some minor issues. But no one is perfect.
I liked the tractor over all it just nickel and dimed me every time I turned around it something else. Being it was actually a TYM rebranded May of had something to do with it. It was also under powered it seemed like for a 60hp hydrostatic. This LS puts it to shame as far as power and I like the power shuttle much better it seems like I have complete control over the tractor. Just my opinion.