Price Advice

/ Price Advice #1  

12Bravo

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti CK2610 TLB, Gill 5' Scraper Blade (Tilt/Angle)
GC1720 TLB "New"
5ft Grader Blade
Backhoe Thumb "Mechanical"
Filled Tires in the Rear (How do I check that)?

$18,950 Delivered to my driveway.

Good? Average? Bad?

~Over~

/ Price Advice #2  
GC1720 TLB "New"
5ft Grader Blade
Backhoe Thumb "Mechanical"
Filled Tires in the Rear (How do I check that)?

$18,950 Delivered to my driveway.

Good? Average? Bad?

~Over~

Being that you are in TN and GA is so close and is the mecca location for massey and kubota and yanmar etc.., I'm thinking its an OK price but I'd get a couple more bids. Imo

Also . . How about rebate? Finance or cash? Is it a dl95 loader and cb65 hoe?

/ Price Advice #3  
I've only gotten one quote so far, but it was for 21,500 with a 2600 discount if i pay cash. This was for 1710..not 1720.. Tlb only. If i take the 0% deal the cash discount goes away. Is this how your deal is structured?

/ Price Advice
Being that you are in TN and GA is so close and is the mecca location for massey and kubota and yanmar etc.., I'm thinking its an OK price but I'd get a couple more bids. Imo

Also . . How about rebate? Finance or cash? Is it a dl95 loader and cb65 hoe?

It has the DL95 and CB65 FEL and BH.

This is the only dealership withing a 1.5 hour drive from me. I have a Green and Orange dealer about the same distance, but from what I have seen and driven I like the GC1720 best. Dealer seems to be nice and was sort of helpful, he was kind of left on the spot. I don't think he was actually a salesman was just filling in since the other guy was on vacation.

I did get a quote for a BX25D for $19,000-$20141 out the door after all the taxes and crap. But I like the GC better, seems more like a tractor and not a toy. BX had a toy feel in my opinion.

~Over~

/ Price Advice
I've only gotten one quote so far, but it was for 21,500 with a 2600 discount if i pay cash. This was for 1710..not 1720.. Tlb only. If i take the 0% deal the cash discount goes away. Is this how your deal is structured?

This is the out the door price with my own financing from my local Credit Union, got pre-approved for $20K and now I'm shopping.

I am new to tractors and have read a lot of post on the GC1710/1720. Seems everyone like them and the older models as do the vast majority of BX25 owners. So it's a toss up, but I feel like I am getting more machine for the money with M-F 1720 then the K BX25D.

$18,950 is delivered in my driveway with 5 foot grader and thumb on BH. I would like to see if I can get something else like first service throw in the deal or something. But wanted to see how this offer was before asking for more.

~Over~

/ Price Advice #6  
Just some thoughts . . As just 1 year ago now I was looking at getting a Kubota BX . . . and ended up by May getting a Massey GC1715:

1. Both brands are great . . but for many personal reasons the Massey was best for me even though since 2006 I had planned on getting either a kubota bx or a yanmar.

2. I had always heard the choices were either a cash deal or 0% financing. BUT it turns out there are also 4 to 6 OTHER Agco financing options offered that still allow the cash discount with low interest rate choices and lengths. Every month the 1st of the month is a new day. I can't tell you how each month will change . . and the dealers have no clue either. The interest rates can change . . . The rebate can change.

3. If you finance a GC1700 series product . . You can get insurance for the tractor for extremely low rates . . Much cheaper than any homeowners rider coverage and much cheaper than Kubota insurance. Mine was less than $ 300 which covers it for all 5 years (not per year).

4. Plan on the idea that what you choose will benefit by a few additions. Up until Mid October of 2015 . . There was no such thing as a quick attach for a Massey DL95 loader . . I have the 1st one on my unit . . . as it comes from a 3rd party. It opens up a number of very interesting capabilities. That vendor also has numerous other products that are available too. I got forks which I can switch with my bucket . . in less than a miinute. There are also grapples and different buckets that work with the quick attach as well.

5. You will likely add some lights or a 3 pt sprayer or ???? My point is . . when you get a new quality scut with a bunch of ability . . you find other needs and desires for it lol. There will be a couple new 3rd party items coming out specifically for the GC1700s this spring. And there are several options out there to benefit if you are on hill slopes as I am (wheel spacers) etc..

6. Be specific if you are including an engine block heater plug for cold weather starting . . . or if you want your tires loaded as part of the original purchase bid (loaded with rv fluid or loaded with windshield wash or loaded with RimGuard) as each of those choices has a different cost and benefit. Bids should be specific so values are comparable.

7. Tires . . All three styles carry the tractor . . . but depending on what you are doing . . Make a big difference. most thought getting the industrials was the best choice for me . . And I got turfs and I'm very glad I did as I wanted great traction on snow and ice and concrete and no damage to lawns?

8. Lastly . . I ended up getting my unit from a large dealer about 2.5 hours away because they had great service knowledge and sell both kubota and massey. Their size or price alone were not the reason I went further in distance . . . As I had several Massey dealers much closer. But I wanted a dealer that was very enthusiastic as well as skilled and a good price/value as well.

Last edited:
   / Price Advice
See, now I am a bit worried. I might drive the extra distance to the other Massey Dealership. I like the tractor, but I am not sure I like this dealership. They have been in business for over 50 years and at this location since 1984, so I am not worried about them failing. I am more concerned with the fact I had smoke blow up my rear end yesterday. After looking over the specs and paperwork about the GC1720, there are some things he said that is plain out wrong. I don't like being BS'ed, if you don't know the information I asked then look it up and be honest don't just throw numbers out there and hope you are right and that I'm to dumb to look it up. I just got the feeling he wasn't interested in truly doing what was right. So that leaves me to think about, what if I need to get warranty work done? Will they be right then? Will they treat me right or BS me or jerk me around. PS....He turns out to be the MANAGER, so he should know this stuff, IMO!

One example of what I am talking about. I specifically asked about wheel spacers to operate on slopes. He said "They are not available for this tractor". I asked, are they available or does this dealership just not have them? He said they are not even made for the 1720. Hmmmm

Another was when we was talking about the weight of the tractor. He said the weight was 2650#'s, I ask was that for the TLB as a package or was that just for the tractor and then BH and FEL adds more weight. He said yes, 2650 is "Just" the tractor and BH and FEL added more weight with BH being 1200#'s and FEL being 600#'s. I know this is not to be true, so again I was just BS'ed with some numbers as if to shut me up and get me out the door.

I also asked about the first service and what it would cost, he said out rates are $65 per hour. So I asked again, what will a first service cost out the door and what was involved. He couldn't fully answer and told me it would be around $65. I asked again, does $65 include fluid change and every thing that needs to be done on the first service. He said "Yes", this seems really low for a fluid change and first service. Heck, my ATV cost way more than that, the fluids alone cost more than that to change. Am I missing something?

Little Frustrated, I really like the tractor, but not a fan of the dealership thus far....:(

Now with the BX25D, while the price is higher I felt more like a customer than a number or annoyance.

/ Price Advice #8  
Considering shop rates and filter costs . . if $65 was the cost for a 50 hour service . . I'd buy 5 of those certificates for resale lol.

Wss he the dealership manager or sales manager or ???.

Yourvexperience points out thevreason for doing some of your own research. Don't use it as a weapon but use it as justification. As an example . . if he was saying about weight . . is he describing a 1700 series product or a GC1700 series product . . because a BX 2670-1 and a gc1715 are within 150 pounds for tractor and fel.

Again . . That's why the question of what kind of manager is he (dealership or sales).

Also . . items like spacers are certainly available for the GC units but 3rd party . . . I don't know if specifically Massey has them for the GC units. But I do know "can" be a benefit on sidehills or any situation where you have lean. Available in 1 1.5 2 2.5 etc. inch sizes per pair for rear wheels.

And travelling a little further may offer adfitional information as well.

My personal opinion is this . . . evaluate product choices to determine manufacturer . . then dealer . . . then price. My own opinion is not about order of action . . but order of final decision. In other words . . picking a dealer because they are close and then choosing a product they sell is backwards. If you are impressed by Massey GC products as I was . . then search out other Massey dealers to compare. Good dealers can be anywhere . . find the one you are comfortable with that sells and services Massey . . but remember, the dealer you were at may have been a good one with a weak or rookie employee too.

P.S. IMO never ever be the one talking bad about another dealer at the competitors . . Dealers often see each other at training situations or know each other by past employment situations etc.. If someone says that you are a long way away . . or isn't there a dealer in such and such, " You're always just evaluating other choices" . . . because they are testing you in saying it :)

/ Price Advice
I've not talked bad about them, actually called another dealer that is over an hour from me, and asked about the same model and availability. He asked if I had operated one, I said yes. Then he asked where so I told him at the other dealer that is closer to me.

I never said anything negative about the other dealer, just left it as I drove and operated one and wanted to know if they had one available for me to come look at and get an out the door quote from them on the attachments that I want. When they call back I will ask the same questions I did the other dealer and see how they respond.

As far as the other dealer, I don't know if he is the dealership or sales manager. Either way, as a manager and as a M-F representative, don't you think there should be a level of professionalism that leads to answers that are real and valid and not "Your wasting my time" feeling I got. Not saying all the employees were that way, but I got the feeling, since I was not looking for a $30,000+ tractor, my business didn't matter.

Again, it's sad, because I like the tractor but don't want to deal with a dealership that is less than up front and doesn't show the effort on some really simple questions that they should know. Not to mention, he couldn't even get the seat to swing around or explain to me how to drop the backhoe.

The more I think about it, I get a gut feeling that I shouldn't deal with this dealership. 90% of the time my gut feelings are right, so I don't think I'm going to be buying a GC1720 from them.

Now I'm left with another issue, do I get a tractor from a dealership that is over an hour from me. Or get an Orange or Green machine that is only 20-25 minutes from me.

/ Price Advice #10  
12bravo,

1. As I mentioned in a prior post . . Imo always go for the tractor you want and then find the dealer who you can feel comfortable with. The point is . . You'll spwnt alit of time with a good tractor compared to the time you'll spend with a dealer. Point is . . 25 minutes away ir and hour and 25 minutes away is the same trailering isdues . . The same service issues . . . If you don't get the tractor you are impressed with . . . You will forever live with second choice.

2. Something to understand again in my opinion . . . Good dealers are ecstatic about scut sales because good dealers know that in these ag economic times they get the same hourly service rates for big or little equipment AND big equipmebt diesnt sell easy anymore. Poor dealers or poor salesmen have poor attitudes in general and no understanding of the customer.

3. So you've talked to 2 . . Don't you think you deserve a wider selwction? Aren't you worth consideting at leastb2 more? Maybe out of 4 there is only the ine poor one and 3 good ones. Thst way you get pricing from 3 and have good backup options for service and support. . . Again . . good dealers play 9 innings or 4 quarters . . Poor dealers play 1 inning or 1 quarter. My dealer is 2.5 hours away (135 miles each way). I have 7 closer that sell M.F. Again . . Best product . . Then best dealer . . . Then price. I'm goingbto have my tractor a longbtime.