Cabela's vs Branson

/ Cabela's vs Branson #41  
No more lip flapping out of me then. TYM has 3 dealers (all cabelas) and branson has 2 in the entire state of MN. If you can't see that as a possible (major) problem down the road - I can't help ya. Other areas are certainly better served (I hope), but for ME, I couldn't do it.

Good luck!

/ Cabela's vs Branson
I've read all the posts in this thread up to this point . . yet a significant advantage has not been mentioned. If you get a Cabelas unit . . obviously TYM dealers are mentioned. However . . Cabelas Land Management service departments are not closing. My point is that Cabelas is pledged and committed to support its customers at the locations where product is purchased. This means parts and servuce personnel too.

Lets remember that Cabelas service business and personnel are trained in multiple areas including boat and tractor and atv. As a result Cabelas tractor SALES people may leave or transfer . . but service personnel are not. And Cabelas reputation to customers is far more important to their future . . so supporting the Land Management product is in their best interests for all their other efforts and sales areas. Point is a dealership is not closing . . just a department.

Whether a Cabelas or Branson is "the best choice" I can't say. What I do know is that on addons and implements . . I've heard a couple stunning discounts happening.

Whether or not the OP gets a tractor or not . . Don't be afraid to keep checking on opportunities . . ESPECIALLY because if a store loses its salesperson before it is out of inventory . . then things will discount a bunch faster.

At the Owatonna, MN location, the LM guy said his tractor tech left two days prior to the corporate announcement, and said he tried to post the position but was told to "hold off". So I doesn't look like they are getting a new tractor tech.

/ Cabela's vs Branson #43  
I had a Branson 5520C ... I found the cab to be very user friendly, comfortable and stayed cool in the summer hay field. Someone commented he thought it was "cramped" .... He must be BIG!!! I'm 6'2 and 250lbs ....I really liked that tractor UNTIL at around 200 hrs the clutch started sounding bad and then started slipping... took it to the dealer and they split her open repaired it under warranty... got it back home and in less than 20 hrs she was acting up again took it back and they redid it ... when I picked it up they said "This is it we will not repair this tractor again" "its obviously user error and your doing something to cause the clutch to fail"

I told them I've been operating tractors all my life, grew up on a dairy farm and I can tell you this is the first tractor in my lifetime that I would be accused of causing the problem .... come on I've got 4 other tractors at home ... one has 10X's the hrs and that clutch is sound.

I never used that tractor again I advertised that tractor for sale ... Took me 6 months to sell it and it sold with a copy of the work that was performed that was dated and the hrs logged ... I told the buyer if you have any clutch problems don't call me go to Branson with this paperwork.... I've never heard from him.

Now thats true experience ... maybe 1 in 1000 or 10,000 but i can tell you no Branson ever ever again!!!

On the other hand I have 2 Montana's a 4340C some little issues, fuel tank leak, seat bracket broke 1800hrs of pure pleasure ... a 5720C with a whooping 200 hrs yes a fuel tank leak!!!

JD 5520 ... wont start under 30 degrees!!!! IMHO not enough tractor for the price tag!! THE LOYAL, faithful, easy to work on is the 1954 Super A is the best of them all!!

/ Cabela's vs Branson #44  
JD 5520 ... wont start under 30 degrees!!!! IMHO not enough tractor for the price tag!!

When I loaded mine onto my trailer to bring it home, it was the warmest part of my trip at +10F. When I unloaded it, it was -4F. Never had an issue starting it cold, but it's also got an intake air heater instead of glow plugs. Maybe your plugs are bad?

/ Cabela's vs Branson #45  
At the Owatonna, MN location, the LM guy said his tractor tech left two days prior to the corporate announcement, and said he tried to post the position but was told to "hold off". So I doesn't look like they are getting a new tractor tech.

I know they had tractors at the woodbury store and i assume Rogers too . . Did they have the same service center or different ones ?

/ Cabela's vs Branson #46  
I had a Branson 5520C ... I found the cab to be very user friendly, comfortable and stayed cool in the summer hay field. Someone commented he thought it was "cramped" .... He must be BIG!!! I'm 6'2 and 250lbs ....I really liked that tractor UNTIL at around 200 hrs the clutch started sounding bad and then started slipping... took it to the dealer and they split her open repaired it under warranty... got it back home and in less than 20 hrs she was acting up again took it back and they redid it ... when I picked it up they said "This is it we will not repair this tractor again" "its obviously user error and your doing something to cause the clutch to fail"

I told them I've been operating tractors all my life, grew up on a dairy farm and I can tell you this is the first tractor in my lifetime that I would be accused of causing the problem .... come on I've got 4 other tractors at home ... one has 10X's the hrs and that clutch is sound.

I never used that tractor again I advertised that tractor for sale ... Took me 6 months to sell it and it sold with a copy of the work that was performed that was dated and the hrs logged ... I told the buyer if you have any clutch problems don't call me go to Branson with this paperwork.... I've never heard from him.

Now thats true experience ... maybe 1 in 1000 or 10,000 but i can tell you no Branson ever ever again!!!

On the other hand I have 2 Montana's a 4340C some little issues, fuel tank leak, seat bracket broke 1800hrs of pure pleasure ... a 5720C with a whooping 200 hrs yes a fuel tank leak!!!

JD 5520 ... wont start under 30 degrees!!!! IMHO not enough tractor for the price tag!! THE LOYAL, faithful, easy to work on is the 1954 Super A is the best of them all!!
Sounds like your LG/LS tractors have been pretty good...

The Branson cab tractors I sat in I believe we're 4520/4720, one of those, can't remember for sure. It was back when I was shopping for a mid 40's HP cab tractor. Is the 5520 a bigger cab?

The ones I sat in were awful. Easily the worst of all the brands I sat in.

/ Cabela's vs Branson #47  
These pics were taken a couple of weeks ago by a friend outside the Kukje Factory in S. Korea.
Travis

b2.jpg

b3.jpg

b4.jpg

/ Cabela's vs Branson #49  
Sounds like your LG/LS tractors have been pretty good...

The Branson cab tractors I sat in I believe we're 4520/4720, one of those, can't remember for sure. It was back when I was shopping for a mid 40's HP cab tractor. Is the 5520 a bigger cab?

The ones I sat in were awful. Easily the worst of all the brands I sat in.

Yes I'm very please with the LS/LG's ... Now the cabs on them have alot of room!! As for Branson Ive never been in any other than the 5520 ... I was pleased with the room as well as the user friendly location of the controls.

/ Cabela's vs Branson #50  
Boy did you just ruffle a load of Deere owners feathers. We all know Deeres are NOT made by Kukje..................

None of the ones sold in the US are. :rolleyes: Pretty sure I made that part totally clear a few days ago.

Find me a MN dealer for a Korean Deere. It'd be as gray market as a Mitsubishi and equally orphaned when it came to warranty work.