Forget tractor supply , prices are nuts

/ Forget tractor supply , prices are nuts #21  
I refuse to buy any pet food there because I have no idea where it is made.

Lowest bidder got the contract and the whole store smells like China (plastic) to me.

I find that hitch pins and most 3PH accesories are made in China and my local Agway has the same stuff only all USA made for 1/3 less money so I would rather shop local and USA made.

Fred

When I read that, I immediately thought of Harbor Fright. Every HF store I go in has the same cheap Chinese plastic smell. I wonder if the employees uniforms and hence their home smell like that too??

/ Forget tractor supply , prices are nuts #22  
I only buy bulk nuts and bolts and dog food at TSC anymore. Everything else is either crap or overpriced.

/ Forget tractor supply , prices are nuts #23  
Gotta ask, does Chinese plastic smell any different than American plstic?

What does expensive plastic smell like?

/ Forget tractor supply , prices are nuts #24  
Gotta ask, does Chinese plastic smell any different than American plstic?

What does expensive plastic smell like?

Must be the soy sauce.

/ Forget tractor supply , prices are nuts #25  
It's supper time and now I have this smell stuck in my head. It's not the plastic smell it's the wrapping paper or this thin rough looking and feeling cardboard that gets me.

/ Forget tractor supply , prices are nuts #26  
Last time I went in a store it seemed like they were mostly selling the same kind of stuff you could get at Harbor Freight but for way more money. Some of their clothes were OK but seemed way overpriced for me. It just didn't give me a good feeling so I bailed and bought stuff from Agri supply. It showed up a couple days later and I saved a bunch of $$. Haven't been to a TSC in a year or more.

/ Forget tractor supply , prices are nuts #27  
Just curious...Does anyone frequent any of the Agri Sup. stores?...I have bought a lot of stuff from them but every time I've been in one of the stores...the help is lacking...not necessarily in number but I've seen a lot more helpful associates in dollar (type) stores...!

/ Forget tractor supply , prices are nuts #28  
Just curious...Does anyone frequent any of the Agri Sup. stores?...I have bought a lot of stuff from them but every time I've been in one of the stores...the help is lacking...not necessarily in number but I've seen a lot more helpful associates in dollar (type) stores...!

The nearest Agri Supply store is 1000 miles from me, so I have never been in one of their stores.
I order from them online, and their service is excellent.
There is a shipping cost, but their products are excellent, their customer service is superb, there is no sales tax (out of state), and their prices are always the best!

/ Forget tractor supply , prices are nuts #29  
I to use to shop at TSC, however I fine there prices way out of line. Secondly, there sale paper is never a sale, it's the same price it was last week. I also find if your looking for medicines, check the expire date. Most of it is out of date.

Have switched to Family Farm and Home, for a lot of stuff. For nuts and bolts, have gone to local fastener company called Suburn bolt, and go to my local fuel supplier for all oils and grease.
I find the quality of supply have been purchasing has gotten way better!

/ Forget tractor supply , prices are nuts #30  
I think the HF smell is mostly outgassing rubber, although I'm sure there's probably some plasticizing agents and whatever chemicals they use in making that Chinese cardboard seems to just make it home before it starts falling apart.

Agree that TSC prices are generally high. I did buy a drawbar from them years back because the price was decent and shipping would have killed a slightly better price. I usually only go there if I need something ASAP and don't mind paying a little extra to have it that day.