does everybody hate power reverser on a 3 series tractor

/ does everybody hate power reverser on a 3 series tractor #11  
I think "clutch phobia" is more prevalent in hobbyist tractor owners and certainly turns off a segment of buyers. For those that use larger tractors and work them hard a missing clutch pedal would also cause phobia and turn off a segment of buyers.

Sometimes I use the clutch pedal on my power shuttle tractor, sometimes I don't. I certainly like the choice. :)

/ does everybody hate power reverser on a 3 series tractor #12  
Sometimes I use the clutch pedal on my power shuttle tractor, sometimes I don't. I certainly like the choice. :)

Drive a hydro shuttle for hundreds of hours with out clutching F - R, then go help your buddy who went cheap and got a mechanical shuttle.

I have had my share of close calls and near misses. You reach up and expect an easy flick of the reverser to change direction but it won't budge. Then your mind starts working and you stomp the clutch before you run over something.

Good times.

/ does everybody hate power reverser on a 3 series tractor #13  
Drive a hydro shuttle for hundreds of hours with out clutching F - R, then go help your buddy who went cheap and got a mechanical shuttle.

I have had my share of close calls and near misses. You reach up and expect and easy flick of the reverser to change direction but it won't budge. Then your mind starts working and you stomp the clutch before you run over something.

Good times.

Derek, I face that problem all the time with my Ford (mechanical shuttle) versus the Kubota (hydro shuttle). I'm a little hard on the Ford for the first few minutes until my pea sized brain adjusts. :D

/ does everybody hate power reverser on a 3 series tractor #14  
Derek, I face that problem all the time with my Ford (mechanical shuttle) versus the Kubota (hydro shuttle). I'm a little hard on the Ford for the first few minutes until my pea sized brain adjusts. :D

You ever got the turn signal lever in your truck while trying to change directions? I do all the time.

/ does everybody hate power reverser on a 3 series tractor #15  
You ever got the turn signal lever in your truck while trying to change directions? I do all the time.

Now that's funny!!!!! :D

/ does everybody hate power reverser on a 3 series tractor #16  
What is a power shuttle transmission? Never knew they existed. Do you have to come to a stop to change directions?

/ does everybody hate power reverser on a 3 series tractor #17  
What is a power shuttle transmission? Never knew they existed. Do you have to come to a stop to change directions?

The clutch on a power shuttle tractor is hydraulic/wet disc. It engages at it's own pace with no shock. It also drives the directional change on the tractor, that's where JD got their term power reverser. You are not required to come to a complete stop, no more than you are when changing directions in your automatic transmission car or truck. But if you look at long term use you will limit changing direction while moving and/or under power. If doing repetitive tasks I run the engine at idle and gain rpms with use of the foot throttle. This lets me idle down when changing direction. If on a slope I also use the brakes to stop or minimize movement when changing direction.

Go to a dealership sometime and test drive one. You'll be pleasantly surprised at how well they work.

/ does everybody hate power reverser on a 3 series tractor #18  
Thanks, sounds like caterpillar dozer transmissions I used to run.

/ does everybody hate power reverser on a 3 series tractor #19  
"Re: does everybody hate power reverser on a 3 series tractor"
Just in case this is not a rhetorical question, my answer is No Know, how can I hate something I never heard of. No one here has hit the nail on the head and say what exactly is a power reverser tractor, which is ok cause that give's me something to respond to so I can catch up with ovrszd post and many others here. In my mine my L3400 is a power reverser tractor because it takes power determination and a clutch to to put in reverse. Mybe it's not the power reverser, it's the color.

/ does everybody hate power reverser on a 3 series tractor #20  
"Re: does everybody hate power reverser on a 3 series tractor"
Just in case this is not a rhetorical question, my answer is No Know, how can I hate something I never heard of. No one here has hit the nail on the head and say what exactly is a power reverser tractor, which is ok cause that give's me something to respond to so I can catch up with ovrszd post and many others here. In my mine my L3400 is a power reverser tractor because it takes power determination and a clutch to to put in reverse. Mybe it's not the power reverser, it's the color.
I think this video gives an idea of some of the transmission types as far as forward/reversing.
power reverser tractor transmission - Bing video