does everybody hate power reverser on a 3 series tractor

/ does everybody hate power reverser on a 3 series tractor #1  

waycoolmarine

Silver Member
Tractor
john deere /kubota
as some of you you know I sell a couple tractors a month . last summer I bought some deere demo tractors. I have a 3039 r with 30 hours warranty till 6/18 that Is cheap and nobody interested at all . I prefer hydro myself, especially if wife or kids involved. the reverser is the drive on 5 series and above. I just have a hard time believing nobody likes reverser on smaller tractors? anybody have an idea what % are non-hydro and why would deere even make them?

/ does everybody hate power reverser on a 3 series tractor #2  
I like power shuttle. If I were to buy a second tractor (no need but if) it would be power shuttle. Its all what people get used to

/ does everybody hate power reverser on a 3 series tractor #3  
My guess is people stepping up from a lawn & garden tractor want what is familiar and easy to operate. Is there a cost penalty for power reverser? I would assume hydro is more?

/ does everybody hate power reverser on a 3 series tractor #4  
My guess is people stepping up from a lawn & garden tractor want what is familiar and easy to operate. Is there a cost penalty for power reverser? I would assume hydro is more?

I bet the power reverser is more. It is certainly a more complicated transmission than the hydro with more parts.

/ does everybody hate power reverser on a 3 series tractor #5  
I bet the power reverser is more. It is certainly a more complicated transmission than the hydro with more parts.

Actually, the power reverser is less costly than the eHydro. Do a build on the John Deere website and you will see.

/ does everybody hate power reverser on a 3 series tractor #6  
With the increase in sales for tractors with fels I would expect the ehydro is more popular. I would be curious about the percentage of power reversers in these smaller sizes of 3000 and 4000 tractors.

/ does everybody hate power reverser on a 3 series tractor #7  
Actually, the power reverser is less costly than the eHydro. Do a build on the John Deere website and you will see.

Aha, the electronic goodies in the e-hydro must drive up the price.

/ does everybody hate power reverser on a 3 series tractor #8  
Aha, the electronic goodies in the e-hydro must drive up the price.

Drives up the price and cuts power in most cases. As E-Hydros are rated at a slightly lower power than PRs.

/ does everybody hate power reverser on a 3 series tractor #9  
Drives up the price and cuts power in most cases. As E-Hydros are rated at a slightly lower power than PRs.

I agree you loose a little power and the ehydro costs more. But for a small tractor that is easy to maneuver the ehydro is a good choice. Compact tractors can be used with implements that allow good use of their design, things like a tiller that does not require high tractive force comes to mind.

/ does everybody hate power reverser on a 3 series tractor #10  
I much prefer a reverser transmission...best of both worlds, IMHO. My current tractor has a reverser, as did my previous tractor.
However, with some folks...once they see that clutch pedal, they walk away.