Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #5,921  
Thanks! I have enough hours on it to start testing of it being loaded down more. I've not tried to start my 2HP air compressor with it yet. My concern is it starting while the plasma (mine is 50A too) is going since start current can be 4-5x running current. I guess I'll find out here pretty soon. Maybe this weekend depending on weather.
Would this run my everlast mts 251 inverter welder?

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #5,922  
Last Saturday I picked up their 7000W/8750W generator.

Have my eye on that genny for a (sorta) whole-house backup for my next home, possibly using a propane conversion.

I've got a 16 year old Generac 4000EXL, low hours, still runs great, but not enough amps for a "comfortable" emergency.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #5,923  
Have my eye on that genny for a (sorta) whole-house backup for my next home, possibly using a propane conversion.

I've got a 16 year old Generac 4000EXL, low hours, still runs great, but not enough amps for a "comfortable" emergency.
Jeez... I have to laugh... 'comfortable'. I survive with my 3000w Honda when power goes out. I can power the big screen, sound system, a few lights and fridge and freezer. Can't run the well pump though! But I do relish the thought of a whole home auto on generator running off my propane tank!

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #5,924  
Jeez... I have to laugh... 'comfortable'. I survive with my 3000w Honda when power goes out. I can power the big screen, sound system, a few lights and fridge and freezer. Can't run the well pump though! But I do relish the thought of a whole home auto on generator running off my propane tank!

Here in the south, comfort is spelled with the letters "AC". Gotta be able to run even a modest window unit along with the well pump and a few appliances to be comfortable. Wintertime, no big deal.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #5,925  
Here in the south, comfort is spelled with the letters "AC". Gotta be able to run even a modest window unit along with the well pump and a few appliances to be comfortable. Wintertime, no big deal.
I hear ya! A/C I do have... and it is considered a luxury here but we don't lose power in the summer. No power means no water and that is an issue that I should resolve. More than a day and it is a challenge... lucky that we do have a couple neighbors that we can lean on though... if I want to hump some water jugs over and back to the house. Need to upgrade, as much as I like to be self sufficient. Got great neighbors so not an urgent matter.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #5,926  

We had this freak "derecho" storm and was without power for 9 days (that's how long my Briggs L head 5K ran). It was hot! Started out with fans (we have natural gas so we had hot water for showers etc.) but when it was 90 in house at night you just couldn't sleep! House has sub panel for generator. So I could run lights, receptacles, fridge, freezer, TV etc. but couldn't start central air. I got two 5K BTU window units and ran those in bedooms so you could go cool off.

I did a propane conversion to it so next time I could run it off natural gas instead of putting up with crazies at gas station (it got pretty ugly ... couldn't use credit/debit cards because all the satellite dishes got blown out of alignment)

I plan to have 20K gen at new house so I can run everything off it.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #5,927  
We had this freak "derecho" storm and was without power for 9 days (that's how long my Briggs L head 5K ran). It was hot! Started out with fans (we have natural gas so we had hot water for showers etc.) but when it was 90 in house at night you just couldn't sleep! House has sub panel for generator. So I could run lights, receptacles, fridge, freezer, TV etc. but couldn't start central air. I got two 5K BTU window units and ran those in bedooms so you could go cool off.

I did a propane conversion to it so next time I could run it off natural gas instead of putting up with crazies at gas station (it got pretty ugly ... couldn't use credit/debit cards because all the satellite dishes got blown out of alignment)

I plan to have 20K gen at new house so I can run everything off it.

That's the only time we've lost power in summer for long time. Usually it's in the winter and small gen we can get by with because we have natural gas furnace so only need to run furnace fan. No power in hot summer sucks!

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #5,929  
My best ones came from Lowe's. Almost equal are the Harbor Freight ones that are made by General or whoever it is that makes the tool boxes.

I have a set of the ones made by that toolbox company and put it my toolbox with the heavy, irregular or nasty stuff. I figured they wouldn't last but years later they look just fine.

I was in a HF store recently and the "General Tool" liners are the one you want. Looking at the internet the choices are confusing but in the store the General Tool liners stand out. I forgot to look but think they were cut to size.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #5,930  
Never mind the 25% off, I need one more flashlight, I only have about 15.........;)

Attachments

• image-1514679626.jpg
    image-1514679626.jpg
    738 KB · Views: 118